Our client are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work on their exciting new programme, which aims to increase young people’s involvement in historic parks and heritage landscapes.
This job role is funded by the National Lottery, through the Heritage Lottery Fund. The Heritage Lottery Fund invests money to help people across the UK explore, enjoy and protect the heritage they care about.
Salary: £10,857 per annum (FTE: £18,260)
22 hours per week
Based in Tipton with regular travel across the West Midlands Region
As a Youth Worker, you will deliver their mission of supporting young people to improve their prospects and reach their potential by planning, organising and overseeing community programmes and 1-1 support. You will facilitate youth-led activity (focusing on community volunteering) to support the personal, social and emotional development of young people and the groups involved in managing heritage spaces.
You will need to have a broad understanding of, and interest in, community and youth work, along with effective administrative and organisational skills and an ability to prioritise your own work programme.
As part of this role, you will:
- Lead the HLF-funded programme and facilitate increased participation of young people in heritage green space activities.
- Lead young person engagement through outreach and partnership working, seeking to build participation in new locations during each year of the project.
- Build constructive and professional relationships with young people with the aim of supporting their personal and social development.
- Deliver training and development activities for young people to enhance their skills and future prospects.
- Support community groups and VCS organisations (particularly friends groups) to adopt practices that will encourage more young volunteers to participate.
Experience in planning and delivering activities would be beneficial, alongside a positive attitude and desire to work as part of a team. Regular travel across the region is required for this role, so you must have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
Closing date: 12:00 Noon, Monday 8th October 2018