Administration, Charity / Voluntary, Early Years / Children & Youth, Health / Nursing, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Job title: Youth Mental Health Worker
Post no: 568
Working base: Bedford
Hours: 3 evenings per week (18.25hrs)
Salary: £22,164 FTE – (Actual salary: £10,932.24 per annum)
About the Youth Crisis Service
Our Young Person’s Crisis Service offers a safe, welcoming, and non-judgmental environment outside of normal school hours for those aged 14 – 17 who feel in mental distress or crisis.
About the Role
The role will involve assessing needs and offering one-to-one support to service users to enable them to begin the process of improving their mental health and well-being and to provide clarity on services and pathways available in the area. The role will be part of a larger Young Person's Crisis team made up of Youth Mental Health Workers, Managers and volunteers.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with young people (under 18) with mental health issues, experience of assessing level of need and experience working in a team or small service.
- Deliver crisis focussed 1:1s and ensure outcomes which supports young people experiencing a mental health crisis in Bedford and Central Bedfordshire, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out health and safety and cash handling in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures and guidance.
- Carry out responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with Mind BLMK’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata),
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%),
- Optional Health Plan.
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working),
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: 5pm on 23 November 2023
We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply.
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).