Administration, Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Youth Mental Health & Wellbeing Coach
Post no: 501
Flitwick office base, covering Central Bedfordshire
Contract type: Fixed Term until 31st March 2024
Salary: £22,500 per annum (Salary under review)
Contracted hours: 37.0 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
About the Youth Mental Health & Wellbeing Service
This service delivers one to one support to young people aged 16-25 who are currently experiencing difficulties with their mental health and wellbeing and the post holder will manage the team to work towards the achievement of the service’s intended aims, objectives and outcomes.
About the Role
This role will provide individualised, one to one, mental health and wellbeing support to young people, aged 16-25 who are currently experiencing difficulties with their mental health and wellbeing.
The Wellbeing Navigator will offer mental health and wellbeing support in a safe and enabling service, supporting young people to explore their challenges and identify positive mental health coping strategies, resilience skills, distress tolerance and a solution focused approach to recovery that will help to future proof against potential repeated incidences of poor mental health.
Providing advice and guidance about other support services available in the area and supporting access and engagement with these resources is also a key part of the role.
- Assess individuals’ suitability for the service through assessment and manage and prioritise a caseload, in accordance with the needs, priorities and support required by individuals.
- Enable individuals to explore the situation affecting their mental health and wellbeing and work with them to co-produce a personalised support plan based on the persons priorities, interests, values and aspirations.
- Offer focused support with the aim of building knowledge, skills, confidence, independence and resilience, as well as building knowledge of local activities and services and seeking solutions to any barriers to accessing them.
- Signpost to other relevant organisations and the wider community offer to address wider issues affecting their mental health including debt, housing, unemployment, caring.
- Share personalised information and advice about tools and techniques and wider resources that will support the individual’s mental health and wellbeing.
The successful candidate will need experience of working collaboratively with individuals to improve their mental health and wellbeing and will be able to demonstrate knowledge of local services and resources that can support with improving mental health and wellbeing.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Optional Health Plan
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Ongoing until filled
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).