Administration, Charity / Voluntary, Early Years / Children & Youth, Health / Nursing, Management, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Job title: Youth Mental Health Team Leader
Post no: 491
Working base: Luton or Central Bedfordshire
Hours: 35.25 hours per week, 5 evenings (4:00pm – 10:00pm)
Salary: £25,000.00 F.T.E (actual salary £23,817.57) per annum (salary under review)
About the Youth Crisis Service
This service delivers one to one support to young people aged 16-25 who are currently experiencing difficulties with their mental health and wellbeing and the post holder will manage the team to work towards the achievement of the service’s intended aims, objectives and outcomes.
About the Role
This role will involve coordinating and ensuring the effective and safe delivery of our Young Person’s Crisis in order to support young people. This role will involve assessing needs and offering one-to-one support to young people and leading a team of youth mental health workers and volunteers. The role will be part of a larger Youth Crisis team made up of Youth Mental Health Workers, other Team Leaders and volunteers.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with young people (under 18) with mental health issues, experience of assessing level of need and experience coordinating a team or small service.
- Operate a young person’s service and ensure outcomes which supports individuals to deescalate crisis and develop strategies for recovery and increased wellbeing for young people, in line with Mind BLMKs vision and values as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s.
- To manage a relationship with the mental health trust which ensures effectiveness of the crisis pathways for those who need further support.
- Work with the Assistant Crisis Development Manager to ensure regular involvement of service users, volunteers and staff on local service delivery, organisational matters and wider mental health and crisis care strategies
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Optional Health Plan
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Ongoing until filled
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).