Charity / Voluntary
Wellbeing Worker: Safe Haven (Maternity Cover)
Hours: 28 Hours Per Week (Part Time) Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays 4pm – 11.30pm
Salary: £25,000 - £26,906 per annum, pro rata. Dependent on skills, experience and knowledge
Plus Unsocial Hours Allowance:
+33% of basic hourly rate for working between 8pm and 6am weekdays
+50% of basic hourly rate for working over weekends and bank holidays
Contract: Fixed Term 9-12 Months Maternity Cover
Base: Banbury with occasional cover in Oxford
Who we are, and what we do
- We’re Oxfordshire Mind, the mental health charity, operating across Oxfordshire and Berkshire West.
- Our passionate employees and dedicated volunteers are helping people with mental health issues find somewhere to turn for advice, information, and support.
- We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health issue gets both support and respect.
Why work for us?
- We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to staff wellbeing.
- We are devoted to equity, diversity, inclusion, and equality, with staff working groups and support groups.
- We are an Oxford Living Wage employer
Here is a taste of what we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance, 28 days plus 8 bank holidays, increasing after 5 years
- Contribute to pension scheme
- Flexible working including; hybrid working, part time, compressed hours
- Ensuring growth and development of our staff along their career journey
- Free support package from Health Assured for you and your family
- Great discounts and cash back card schemes
What will you do?
Come and join our friendly and supportive team and make a genuine difference to people experiencing mental health crisis.
This role requires the worker to provide same-day mental health crisis support to adults on site in Oxfordshire on a 1:1 basis and in a group setting.
We are seeking candidates with excellent listening and decision-making skills. Candidates must have the ability to maintain compassion, resilience and professional judgement when faced with challenging situations. Excellent communication and organisation skills are also essential for this role.
1. Supporting service users to improve or maintain their mental health and wellbeing
2. Provide person-centred, one-to-one support and group distraction activities for people experiencing mental health crisis
3. Conduct regular, dynamic risk assessments and respond with appropriate interventions for service users who present in crisis and/or at high risk of harm.
4. Identify when escalating risks is essential and when it is important to support and empower service users to manage their own risks.
5. Work well as part of a Safe Haven team and a bigger multidisciplinary Crisis Care Pathway Team to ensure consistent crisis management
6, Collect and accurately record service user data onto a secure database in a timely manner.
7. Liaising with colleagues, partner organisations and professional agencies to support service user needs.
8. Keep up to date with the various services offered by NHS and third sector providers to enable appropriate information and signposting.
Who you are
Open - Are you open to help people realise their potential?
Together, partnership - Are you a team player?
Responsive - Are you a good listener?
Independent - Do you have the confidence to speak out fearlessly?
Unstoppable – Do you have a positive, never give up attitude?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Closing date: Wednesday 27th September 2023
Shortlisting date: W/C 2nd October 2023
Interview date: W/C 9th October 2023
Interview location: Online via Microsoft Teams
We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Oxfordshire Mind is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We therefore require a Disclosure and Barring Service check, for all our roles. The level of which will vary depending on the nature of the role.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).