Charity / Voluntary, Management, Operations, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Wellbeing Service Manager
Post no: 558
Working base: Luton Wellbeing Centre
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hrs per week
Work pattern: Mo – Fri (incl 1 eve per week)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Do you have experience of working with people with mental health needs and supporting recovery?
This Wellbeing Service Manager role offers the opportunity to coordinate the daily operations of our Luton mental health recovery service based at our Luton Wellbeing Centre in Dumfries Street, Luton, where we offer activities and groups throughout the week enabling service users to manage their mental health and move through their recovery journeys.
The role also involves coordinating referrals into the service and leading on more complex referrals to assess suitability.
- Operate a service and ensure outcomes which support individuals with mental health and wellbeing needs in Luton in line with Mind BLMK’s recovery model and contract requirements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the delivery of the Luton service plan.
- Work closely with the recovery and peer workers to ensure the correct access to service procedure is followed, taking responsibility for more complex referrals and ensuring everybody has a consistent and quality experience and are able to access the correct service for them in an acceptable timescale.
- Work with the Operational Services Manager to review, design and implement changes to service delivery and working models, ensuring the service meets the needs of the local community, and identify relevant funding opportunities.
- Maintain an effective workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (recruitment, line management, workload planning, support and development of Recovery and Peer Workers, volunteers and student placements).
- Hold responsibility for Wellbeing Centre Facilities, Budget and cash handling, Data collection and protection and Health & Safety – all in line with Mind BLMK policies, procedures and guidance.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Friday 22 September 2023
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).