Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Environmental / Conservation, Fundraising
Are you a people person who thrives in busy and dynamic public-facing environments and would you like to work on one of the RSPB's most beautiful nature reserves, if so, then this could be the perfect job for you!
We are looking for someone to be part of our visitor welcome and membership recruitment team at the beautiful RSPB Arne nature reserve, helping raise vital funds to support the work of the RSPB.
Welcome and Membership Fundraising Officer - Part-Time
Hours: Part time, 15 hours per week over three days, with a minimum of two weekend shifts a month
Salary: £18,250.00 - £20,246.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
About RSPB Arne
RSPB Arne is a beautiful site spanning over 600 hectares which is home to an amazing range of habitats and species. The rare lowland heathland offers homes for reptiles and rare insects and the vast mudflats of Poole harbour supports thousands of visiting waders and ducks in winter. RSPB Arne is a flagship reserve and offers a huge opportunity to engage people and to gain their vital support which is much needed to continue and grow our conservation work.
Key Activities will include:
· Providing excellent customer service to our visitors.
· Working with other fundraisers and volunteers to welcome and enthuse our visitors about their visit with the aim to inspire them to support the work of the RSPB.
· Achieving personal targets and objectives for fundraising within a target-driven environment.
· Working closely with the rest of the team at the Arne nature reserve to put RSPB members at the heart of our work at RSPB Arne.
· A high standard of visitor experience and excellent customer service.
· An excellent verbal communicator and the ability to engage with a wide range of visitors face to face.
· Have proven ability of working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, managing time effectively to achieve targets and KPIs.
· The ability to provide direction, energy and capability in order to lead and manage a team of volunteers.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· A team player who is also capable of working well under their own initiative and have the ability to motivate and inspire others.
· Good organisational and admin skills for this multi-tasking role with the ability to go the extra mile to achieve your own goals.
· To have an ability and willingness to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends as required.
· A driving license valid for use in the UK with access to a car is essential due to the remote location of the reserve.
Although experience in a similar role is desirable, we actively encourage anybody who believes that they have the required transferrable skills to apply for this role. Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude are most important to these roles.
The RSPB has seven key competencies that are important to our organisation’s success and are reflected in everything that we do. We would advise you to consider both these and the job description above when completing your application.
· Direction -You ensure that you have a clear direction and sense of common purpose that guides what you do and how you approach your work.
· Energy - You bring energy and urgency to the RSPB to motivate people to do the best they can.
· Capability - You build your own and other people’s capabilities, directly and indirectly.
· Relationships - You communicate effectively and build productive internal and external relationships.
· Change - You support continuous improvement and change and constantly look for ways to do things better.
· Advocacy - You act as an advocate for the RSPB.
· Performance - You get things done, achieve ambitious goals and the RSPB’s aims.
This post will predominately be based at Arne but may involve travel throughout the county.
Closing date: 23:59, 30 January 2022
Interviews for these roles will be the week commencing the 7th February 2022.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).