Are you a people person who thrives in busy and dynamic public-facing environments and would you like to work on one of this charity’s most beautiful nature reserves, if so, then this could be the perfect job for you!
Welcome and Fundraising Officer x2
Location: Arne, Dorset
Salary: £18,250.00 - £20,246.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
Hours: Variable / Flexible
This nature conservation charity is looking for someone to be part of their visitor welcome and membership recruitment team at their beautiful Arne nature reserve, helping raise vital funds to support the charity’s work.
About the Reserve
The reserve in Arne is a beautiful site spanning over 600 hectares which is home to an amazing range of habitats and species. The rare lowland heathland offers homes for reptiles and rare insects and the vast mudflats of Poole harbour supports thousands of visiting waders and ducks in winter. The site is a flagship reserve and offers a huge opportunity to engage people and to gain their vital support which is much needed to continue and grow the organisation’s conservation work.
Key Activities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to visitors.
- Working with other fundraisers and volunteers to welcome and enthuse visitors about their visit, with the aim to inspire them to support the work of the charity.
- Achieving personal targets and objectives for fundraising within a target-driven environment.
- Working closely with the rest of the team at the Arne nature reserve to put charitable members at the heart of their work.
- A high standard of visitor experience and excellent customer service.
- An excellent verbal communicator and the ability to engage with a wide range of visitors face to face.
- Have proven ability of working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, managing time effectively to achieve targets and KPIs.
- The ability to provide direction, energy and capability in order to lead and manage a team of volunteers.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A team player who is also capable of working well under their own initiative and have the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Good organisational and admin skills for this multi-tasking role with the ability to go the extra mile to achieve your own goals.
- To have an ability and willingness to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends as required.
- A driving license valid for use in the UK with access to a car (or equivalent) is essential due to the remote location of the reserve.
Although experience in a similar role is desirable, the charity actively encourages anybody who believes that they have the required transferrable skills to apply for this role. Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude are most important to these roles.
This charity has seven key competencies that are important to the organisation’s success and are reflected in everything that they do.
- Direction - You ensure that you have a clear direction and sense of common purpose that guides what you do and how you approach your work.
- Energy - You bring energy and urgency to the charity to motivate people to do the best they can
- Capability - You build your own and other people’s capabilities, directly and indirectly.
- Relationships - You communicate effectively and build productive internal and external relationships.
- Change - You support continuous improvement and change and constantly look for ways to do things better
- Advocacy - You act as an advocate for the organisation
- Performance - You get things done, achieve ambitious goals and the charity’s aims.
These permanent posts will predominately be based at Arne but may involve travel throughout the county.
The position offers flexible hours ranging from 15 to 37.5 hours per week.
Closing date: 23:59, 26 September 2021
Interviews for these roles will be the week commencing the 4th of October.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.
Reference ID: 158572
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £18,250.00-£20,246.00 per year
- Monday to Friday