Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Environmental / Conservation, Hospitality / Catering, Leisure / Tourism, Other, Sales / Business Development
Part Time Visitor Experience Officer
Location: Loch Garten. Abernethy
Salary: £23,489.00 - £25,216.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, 26 days' Annual Leave
Duration: 4 Months fixed term, Part time, 12 hours
We're looking for a team player with excellent people skills combined with a passion for connecting people with nature. Working at Loch Garten reserve, you'll be providing a unique and fascinating visitor experience inspiring our visitors to support nature conservation now and in the future. This role is fundamental in ensuring we have the highest quality visitor experience for both new and existing audiences.
Loch Garten has a long-established reputation as being the ancestral home of ospreys in the UK and the Osprey Centre opens every season to allow thousands of visitors to see these magnificent and enthralling birds, as they battle all that nature can throw at them to raise a family. As well as ospreys, visitors are treated to close-up views of red squirrels and many small birds, including 'cresties' and great spotted woodpeckers. The centre is within Abernethy National Nature Reserve, the RSPB’s second largest reserve, which contains the largest remnant of ancient Caledonian pine-forest in the UK and is set amidst the magnificent landscape of the Cairngorms National Park.
The ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, proven experience in delivering events and a high standard of visitor experience - if that's you we'd love to hear from you!
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Computer literate to include professional use of social media to adhere to brand requirements.
- Working knowledge of visitor engagement techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- A team player who can motivate and inspire people.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Ability to maximise opportunities for visitor engagement and income generation.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of managing and delivering against targets and KPI’s.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data in a visitor experience environment.
- Successful experience of managing or supporting a team of staff and/or volunteers.
- Having contributed to a successful visitor project or visitor attraction.
- Tourism or leisure related qualification, ideally at HND level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
- Health & Safety in the workplace.
- This role is a Fixed-Term contract of 4 Months, Part-Time for 12 hours per week.
The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Closing date: 23:59, Monday 5th June 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 8th June 2023.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).