Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Environmental / Conservation, Leisure / Tourism, Operations, Other, Retail, Sales / Business Development
We're looking for a team player with excellent people skills combined with a passion for connecting people with nature.
Visitor Experience Officer – RSPB Sherwood Forest, Notts
Location: RSPB Sherwood Forest, Edwinstowe, Notts
Salary: £21,622 - £23,987 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About Sherwood Forest
Sherwood Forest & Budby South Forest is an ancient landscape alive with nature, history and folklore. Today it is a magical destination visited by people from across the globe, home to the enduring legend of Robin Hood & the famous Major Oak, estimated to be more than 1,000 years old.
We care for over 450 hectares of ancient wood pasture and rolling heathland which is home to thousands of species of bird, insect, mammal, fungi, tree and plant. Wooded for centuries & once part of a vast royal hunting ground, for the 350,000 people who come to visit each year it is an incredible place to visit, boasting a unique collection of ancient oaks which have been thriving here for over 600 years.
About the role
Working at Sherwood Forestreserve, you'll be providing a unique and fascinating visitor experience inspiring our visitors to support nature conservation now and in the future. This role is fundamental in ensuring we have the highest quality of visitor experience for both new and existing audiences.
You will be working with staff and volunteers to ensure a coherent visitor offer is delivered whilst also working with the HQ team to ensure the highest quality of RSPB visitor experience.
The ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, proven experience in delivering events and a high standard of visitor experience - if that's you we'd love to hear from you!
What we need from you
- Computer literate to include professional use of social media to adhere to brand requirements.
- Working knowledge of visitor engagement techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- A team player who can motivate and inspire people.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Ability to maximise opportunities for visitor engagement and income generation.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Experience of managing and delivering against targets and KPI’s.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data in a visitor experience environment.
- Successful experience of managing or supporting a team of staff and/or volunteers.
- Having contributed to a successful visitor project or visitor attraction.
- Tourism or leisure related qualification, ideally at HND level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
- Health & Safety in the workplace.
Closing Date: 23:59, Monday 29th August 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 13th September 2022.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).