Charity / Voluntary, Management
Visitor Experience Manager
Location: Purfleet - Rainham Marshes
Salary: £25,723.00 - £27,614.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days annual leave
Duration: Full time 37.5 hours per week, Permanent
We're looking for a team player with excellent people skills combined with a passion for connecting people with nature. Working at RSPB Rainham Marshes, you'll provide a unique and fascinating visitor experience, inspiring our visitors to support nature conservation now and in the future. This role is fundamental in ensuring we have the highest quality of visitor experience for both new and existing audiences.
Rainham Marshes is a wet grassland and grazing marsh on the River Thames. With one foot in London and the other in Essex, this Site of Special Scientific Interest is a busy visitor destination for local communities and nature enthusiasts alike. Breeding waders, wintering wildfowl, water voles and rare bumblebees make their home at Rainham Marshes (to name just a few!)
You will manage the Visitor Experience Officer and volunteers to ensure a coherent visitor offer is delivered whilst also working with the wider team to ensure the highest quality of RSPB visitor experience and customer service. This is a very varied role and the role holder will be expected to be equally comfortable working outdoors on the reserve (leading events or improving interpretation) as they are in the office.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of managing or supporting a team of staff and/or volunteers
- Computer literate to include professional use of social media to adhere to brand requirements.
- Working knowledge of visitor engagement techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- A team player who can motivate and inspire people.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Ability to maximise opportunities for visitor engagement and income generation.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of managing and delivering against targets and KPI’s.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data in a visitor experience environment.
- Having contributed to a successful visitor project or visitor attraction.
- Working knowledge of Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
- Health & Safety in the workplace.
The ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, proven experience at delivering events and a high standard of visitor experience - if that's you we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date: 23:59, Tuesday 5th December 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 11 December 2023.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).