Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Environmental / Conservation, Management, Marketing, Operations, Other
Our client, a leading nature conservation charity, is looking for a Visitor Experience and Events Consultancy Manager to join their team.
Visitor Experience & Events Consultancy Manager - Flexible in UK
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £38,000.00 - £42,156.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
It’s an exciting time to join the UK’s leading nature charity. They already engage with over 1.4 million people each year on their reserves showcasing nature and people thriving together but they’re continually striving to attract more and more diverse audiences, improve the nature experiences they offer, and encourage as many people as possible to act against the nature and climate emergency.
As Visitor Experience and Events Consultancy Manager, you will lead the overall strategic direction of the visitor experience and events on reserves, manage a team with specific specialisms and geographical remits, and act as the conduit for this function into the main Visitor Operations Consultancy.
What's the role about?
Working collaboratively with their reserve and country teams to achieve their ambitions, you will be proactive, motivated, inspirational, and results-driven, optimising every opportunity to engage with audiences and to generate income to achieve their goals. You will be enthusiastic and innovative, finding new ways to attract and retain visitors in a way that is inclusive to all, and ensuring that all who visit have an exceptional and memorable experience. Commercially and analytically minded with the visitor journey central to all your activities, you’ll be highly organised, an excellent problem solver, and experienced in enabling change.
You will have a good knowledge of visitor attraction and service provision, with a clear understanding of how to attract and retain visitors. A track record of successful collaborative working, strong leadership skills, and the ability to strategically plan for success.
You will be able to demonstrate success in event planning and delivery along with strong experience in destination marketing. Providing expert advice in all areas of visitor events and experience, you will work with colleagues across the organisation to support initiatives and projects, to aid in both their day-to-day operations and in their strategic ambitions.
What they need from you
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a visitor experience position
- Demonstrable strategic ability
- Line management experience in leading, managing, and coaching successful teams.
- Sound business acumen and ability to use management information to support decision-making and affect change.
- Organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills that create and maintain collaborative working relationships at all levels.
- Solid experience in planning and advising.
- Experience in involvement in new site openings and refurbishment programmes.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience of working in the not-for-profit and the environment/conservation sector
- Experience and knowledge of project management principles and supporting systems.
What you can expect:
- An opportunity to play your part in affecting positive change and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams that will make some of the most beautiful places in the UK even more special for their visitors.
- Supportive, high-performing team of talented individuals around you, who want to make the world a better place than they found it.
- Access to excellent learning and development opportunities and employee benefits package.
- Opportunities to travel across the United Kingdom, visiting some of their wonderful reserves and getting closer to their amazing nature and wildlife spectacles, all while you play your part in safeguarding its future
They welcome applicants from the visitor attraction, heritage, and high street sectors.
Please note that the post holder can be based anywhere in the UK, although the role will require periodic travel to sites and offices, and overnight stays are a requirement of the role.
Please note that applications for this role will close on the 6th of June 2022.
Interviews are due to be scheduled week commencing 13th of June 2022.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.