Charity / Voluntary
Visitor Experience and Marketing Manager
Location: Flexible within Southern England
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: 2 years
It is highly desirable for the successful candidate to be able to be based in the south of England to support our teams in this geography.
An exciting opportunity to shape the delivery of high-quality visitor experience and marketing across this charity’s nature reserves in England to help reach their ambition of becoming the market leader in nature-based experiences.
We are in a Nature and Climate Emergency. The charity need the very best communicators to deliver outstanding visitor experiences on their nature reserves, help maintain and grow their audiences, and inspire everyone to act to save nature. Do you have the skills and abilities to make this happen?
As part of the Communications and Marketing team this role will work closely with other Visitor Experience and Marketing Managers, Communications Managers and Officers to plan and deliver communications and marketing priorities.
Ideally, you’ll be based in Southern England to support the charity’s work in this geography, including some of their top reserves such as Minsmere, Rainham Marshes, Dungeness, Pulborough Brooks, Arne, and more.
Building relationships is key to this role, from line managing a Communications Officer, to working closely with England reserve, 4 UK country, and HQ colleagues.
What’s the role about?
The successful candidate will:
- Support operational and area teams in England and work closely with the Visitor Operations Consultancy at HQ to shape, interpret and deliver visitor experience strategy.
- Provide advice, direction and delivery in England on destination marketing, in line with charity destination marketing strategy, resulting in increased footfall, profitability and a world-class visitor experience that is inclusive and competitive, ensuring the charity reserves are a leading choice for a day out.
- Focus on the planning and delivery of communication products for the nature reserves such as signage, interpretation and promotional materials.
- Play a lead role in the brand delivery, following charity brand strategy, to maintain consistency and a clear identity across all England nature reserves.
What the charity need from you?
- A proven track record in planning and delivering excellent visitor experience.
- Expertise and creativity in effectively marketing visitor attractions/destinations or similar.
- Experience of planning and delivering communications products through in-house and external design agencies.
- Experience of building good working relationships with colleagues and external organisations.
- A self-motivated and ambitious person with a passion for inspiring people to connect with the natural world.
- Budget management.
- Strong, inspiring, persuasive and clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Awareness and interest in nature conservation.
Closing date: 23:59, 29 September 2021
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term
Salary: £27,574.00-£30,590.00 per year
Company pensionLife insurance
Monday to Friday
8 days ago