Trainee Green Doctor (Home Energy Advisor)
Title: Trainee Green Doctor (Home Energy Advisor)
Do you like helping people? Are you concerned about Climate change? Would you like a job that helps vulnerable people and reduces the effects of Climate Change?
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for you to train to become a Green Doctor (Home Energy Advisor) Positions available NOW
This is a paid training position on a 2-month contract - with post training positions available.
Role: Trainee Green Doctor (Home Energy Advisor)
Salary: NMW (Under 20’s - £6.95, 21 – 22 years old - £8.36, 23 and over - £8.91)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 2 months
Operational Area: Kent and Medway
Location: Gravesend, Kent, DA12 / Currently Working from home
This role is to train you to become one of this charity’s highly qualified and well-respected Green Doctors (Home Energy Advisor). The main purpose of a Green Doctor is to deliver Home Energy consultations to vulnerable clients either in their homes or using a telephone or video chat.
Through taking part in the training you will become a home energy expert assisting people to make changes to their use of energy, saving the environment whilst also saving them money, whilst enabling the vulnerable to keep warm.
Candidateswill need to demonstrate a willingness to learn, complete work timely and pass the City and Guilds Level 3 Award: Energy Awareness 6281-01 qualification within the timeframe of the employment contract. This qualification is required by many organisations providing energy advice, It is essential for this role that you have a Full current driving licence .
This charity is looking for people who are interested in joining their team of Green Doctors post training.
Main Duties of the trainee:
- To attend all training sessions
- To make use of all opportunities to learn the role of the Green Doctor
- To be proactive in learning about fuel poverty and energy efficiency
- To revise for and take the set tests
- To act at all times during training in a professional manor particularly while shadowing Green Doctors
- To assist with any tasks requested by senior staff and the Green Doctors you are shadowing
- To be punctual in all appointments
Post training positions will be available to promising trainees to join our Green Doctor Team on a fixed term contract of up to 2 years on a salary circa £22,000 rising to £22,500 on successful completion of a probation period. Selection for the positions will be done via an interview process.
· This post is based at home until we are able to return to Home Visits, when it will be a mobile position working primarily across KENT with the designated office location in Gravesend, Kent, but may contribute to delivery across the South East and occasionally in London.
· This post is subject to a DBS check.
· The responsibilities of this post and reporting structure will be periodically reviewed.
· This is a mobile position so a Full UK driving licence is essential and ideally access to your own vehicle for which you will need to be insured for business use. Employees are able to claim back mileage rates as per the Expenses Policy.
In return they offer:
· 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays pro rata
· Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Closing Date: 9th August
Interview Date: 16th August
Start Date: 30th August or ASAP
Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
Our client is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment, we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service.
They shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout their workforce and in service delivery.
This charity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may beed to scroll down).
No agencies please.