Charity / Voluntary
Supported Self-Help Practitioner
Department: Primary Care
Hours: 18.5 Hours Per Week (Part Time)
Salary: £25,000 - £26,906 (Pro Rata) Salary dependent on skills, experience and knowledge
Contract: Fixed Term (2 years)
Base: Home-Based, with occasional travel across BOB (Buckingham, Oxfordshire, Berkshire)
Who we are, and what we do
- We’re Oxfordshire Mind, the mental health charity, operating across Oxfordshire and Berkshire West
- Our passionate employees and dedicated volunteers are helping people with mental health issues find somewhere to turn for advice, information, and support
- We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health issue gets both support and respect
Why work for us?
- We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to staff wellbeing
- We are devoted to equity, diversity, inclusion, and equality, with staff working groups and support groups
- We are an Oxford Living Wage employer
Here is a taste of what we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance, 28 days plus 8 bank holidays, increasing after 5 years (pro rata)
- Contribute to pension scheme
- Flexible working including; hybrid working, part time, compressed hours
- Ensuring growth and development of our people along their career journey
- Free support package from Health Assured for you and your family
- Great discounts and cash back card schemes
What will you do?
Supported self-help is an early Tier 1 intervention service aimed at supporting people with low to moderate mental health needs.
The service aims to provide timely mental health support for people who do not meet the thresholds for ‘NHS Talking Therapies. By offering people access to support at an early stage, supported self-help can help prevent people’s mental health problems from escalating, improve their outcomes, and help to reduce longer-term health service costs by limiting the need for more intensive interventions.
The service will have close links with existing services, including the Mind in Berkshire services and those run by NHS.
- To be responsible for a client caseload of supported self-help clients.
- To work with people to overcome early signs of mental health distress such as anxiety, depression and stress.
- To follow a set programme based on cognitive behavioural approaches via a facilitated self-help model, including referring people to higher levels of intervention when required and/or signposting to other services that might help them to maintain wellbeing.
- To ensure all referrals go through the digital platform and to manage the CMS (Views) processes efficiently to draw down referrals.
- To deliver an effective service to meet set local Mind Service Level Agreement targets.
- To establish positive client engagement and input, as well as being involved in promoting general aspects of well-being.
- To maintain all required records of clients’ personal data and wellbeing outcomes, as agreed with programme managers, to support the running of this programme.
- To work as part of the local Mind therapeutic team, the organisation-wide team and as part of the Programme delivery team across England, Wales and the Channel Islands.
Who you are
Open - Are you open to help people realise their potential?
Together, partnership - Are you a team player?
Responsive - Are you a good listener?
Independent - Do you have the confidence to speak out fearlessly?
Unstoppable – Do you have a positive, never give up attitude?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Closing date: Friday 29th September 2023
Shortlisting date: W/C 2nd October 2023
Interview date: Thursday 12th October 2023
Interview location: Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford, OX2 0DP
We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Oxfordshire Mind is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We therefore require a Disclosure and Barring Service check, for all our roles. The level of which will vary depending on the nature of the role.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).