Full or Part Time
Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Medical, Operations, Other, Social Care
We have a number of vacancies for full and part-time Support Workers.
Location: Across Birmingham City
- Full-time posts are 36.5 hours per week
- Part-time posts are typically for between 20 and 30 hours per week
Salary range: £20,688 - £21,308 p.a. full-time (pro rata for part-time) plus generous pension contribution and travel costs. Extensive training provided.
About Birmingham Rathbone
Birmingham Rathbone is a local charity which works to enable people with learning disabilities to achieve their full potential. We invite you to join our team of professionals providing an excellent service to clients all over the City.
About the role
You will support people with learning disabilities to be able to live as independently as possible. You will have experience of support and/or care work, learning disabilities, safeguarding, knowledge of welfare benefits, risk and needs assessments, key working, and good domestic and budgeting skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work directly with clients to meet their support and care needs
- To support clients to exercise independent informed choice and make decisions about their care and support.
- To maintain a supportive, stable and secure environment for clients and to promote their health and well-being at all times.
- To ensure that a full and appropriate range of services is offered to the client
- To support clients to improve their skills and knowledge through appropriate training and education to enhance their preparedness for work.
- To deal with complaints from clients, their representatives or other interested parties according to the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- To support clients in making and maintaining social relationships and attending activities of their choice.
- To support clients who wish to move on to other accommodation in a planned way, in accordance with the organisation’s Move-On Policy and Procedure.
- To ensure that clients are safeguarded within the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- To work unsociable hours, sleep-ins, weekends and bank holidays as per rota.
- To participate in the out of hours on-call system.
- To provide cover for absent staff as required.
- To support clients to manage their personal finances, to budget and to meet their tenancy or housing obligations.
- To meet the quality standards and outcomes required by funders and the organisation and to participate actively in the preparation and execution of service reviews.
- To work with other agencies such as social care and health, doctors and other health professionals through multi-agency meetings to ensure all the clients’ individual needs are met.
- Experience of working with people with disabilities
- Experience of Supporting People and/or Care provision
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Ability to keep good records and comply with administrative procedures
Education / Qualifications, Training
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a related subject area
Closing Date: 12:00 noon on Wednesday 29th November 2023
Interviews for shortlisted candidates taking place on Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th December 2023.
Enhanced Disclosure & Barring (DBS) check will be required.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and invite applications from all sections of the community.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).