- No Ordinary Support Worker Role
- Service: Residential Service
- Ref: BH0718
- Location: Near Dawlish
- Salary: £8.00 per hour (Sleep in duties, when required, are usually between 10pm-7am and paid at £67.50) waking nights are paid at £10.00 per hour
- Hours: They are keen to support flexible working arrangements and full, part time and casual opportunities are available over 7 days a week; 24-hour periods: inclusive of day, waking night and sleep in duties.
- Current rota availability... (available over 7 days a week)
- Shift patterns: 7.30am - 7.30pm / 9.30am - 9.30pm / 10.00am - 6.00pm / 1.30pm - 9.30pm / 7.30am - 3.30pm
- Waking nights: 9.30pm - 7.30am
Are you looking for a rewarding role that gives you purpose and leaves you safe in the knowledge that you have enriched someone’s life? Do you have the ability to think and act creatively? Are you motivated to guide and support people to achieve their goals?
Our client is a registered charity supporting people with learning disabilities and autism. Working as part of a close team, you will be resourceful and enthusiastic in supporting individuals with learning disabilities, autism and associated support needs.
Our client are looking for friendly and enthusiastic support workers to support individuals with learning disabilities and complex needs, in their stunning rural residential service near Dawlish. You will be part of a close team who can help our client deliver person centered services and make a real difference. Respect, dignity and choice are key aspects of the support they offer and you will be in position to help people really enjoy their home and local community.
If you would like to join them in this rewarding role you will need to be able to:
- Work with Support Plans that are tailored to the individual’s likes and dislikes.
- Support people to engage in meaningful activities in everyday life and access the community in a range of leisure and social opportunities (e.g. shopping, theatre visits, swimming, walking, holidays).
- Promote independence and maintaining life skills.
- Motivate individuals to achieve their goals.
- Build strong relationships through excellent communication skills and shared interests, whilst maintaining solid family connections.
- Play a key part in delivering outcome focused support plans.
In return, they will:
- Train you to ensure you have all the skills you require to succeed, as well as providing ongoing training and development.
- Offer contracted hours to suit both the people they support and your circumstances.
- Salaries starting from £8.00 per hour
- Offer holiday accrued for hours worked (28 days pro rata equivalent)
- Provide Career Development opportunities
Experience preferred but not essential as a range of training is provided. Driving licence would be an advantage.
Applications will be considered as and when received.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will then be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete their short vacancy interest form.
No agencies please.