Health / Nursing
Job Title: Stepping Stones Inreach Worker
Salary Grade: £22,000 - £23,000 per annum (depending on skills and experience) [pro rata]
Responsible to: Services Manager (Complex Needs and Community)
No. of Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full time, Monday-Friday)
Contract length: 1 year fixed term
Main Base/s: Borehamwood Wellbeing Centre
Background to the Post
Our client, a Mental Health Charity, has formed a partnership with Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust (HPFT) to deliver a mentoring service for people who are detained under the mental health act at Kingfisher Court, Radlett.
The Stepping Stones Inreach Worker will be based at the Borehamwood Wellbeing Centre, promoting joint working between Kingfisher Court staff and this organisation, creating a seamless pathway into community support for clients recovering from mental ill health.
The aims of the Stepping Stones Service are; to provide support, advice, information and holistic support to patients at Kingfisher Court. The charity will visit patients on the ward and where appropriate will accompany patients during their periods of leave, either on the grounds of the hospital or in the local community. This partnership will facilitate a smooth and timely hospital discharge
Purpose of Post
To work with the Services Manager and hospital staff to ensure patients are offered advice, information, and holistic support. The Inreach worker will use a recovery orientated approach working with patients on the ward, hospital grounds and in the local community. The recovery approach includes empathy, warmth, acceptance, authenticity, compassion and humanity.
The post holder will need to:
- Provide practical and emotional support to encourage patients to develop their independence within their local community.
- Facilitate a smooth discharge from hospital back to the community.
- Monitor outcomes and evaluate the service.
- Ensure that the safety and wellbeing of patients using the service is monitored and reviewed regularly.
- Embed a person centred and recovery orientated approach in all aspects of the roles and responsibilities.
- Being able to drive and having access to your own vehicle (or equivalent) is absolutely essential for this role.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 29th of September at 5pm.
Interviews shall take place on Wednesday October 6th at our client’s Watford Wellbeing Centre.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.
Reference ID: 157841
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £22,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
1 day ago