Administration, Charity / Voluntary, Early Years / Children & Youth, Health / Nursing, Management, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Youth Mental Health & Wellbeing Services Coordinator
Post no: 502
Location: Flitwick office, base covering Central Bedfordshire
Contract type: Fixed Term until 31st March 2024
Salary: £24,000 per annum (salary under review)
Contracted hours: 37.0 hours per week (Mon to Thurs)
About the Youth Mental Health & Wellbeing Service
This service delivers one to one support to young people aged 16-25 who are currently experiencing difficulties with their mental health and wellbeing and the post holder will manage the team to work towards the achievement of the service’s intended aims, objectives and outcomes.
About the Role
This role offers the opportunity to coordinate the day to day operations of Mind BLMK’s Young Persons Wellbeing Navigator Service. In addition to managing the day to day operations of the service the role will also contribute to the direct provision of the service, offering mental health and wellbeing support to young people, enabling them to explore their challenges and identify positive mental health coping strategies, resilience skills, distress tolerance and a solution focused approach to recovery that will help to future proof against potential repeated incidences of poor mental health.
- Operate an effective service delivering individualised support that meets the mental health and wellbeing needs of young people in Central Bedfordshire in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed delivery model and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Assess individuals’ suitability for the service through assessment and manage and prioritise a caseload, in accordance with the needs, priorities and support required by individuals.
- Enable individuals to explore the situation affecting their mental health and wellbeing and work with them to co-produce a personalised support plan based on the persons priorities, interests, values and aspirations.
- Offer focused support with the aim of building knowledge, skills, confidence, independence and resilience, as well as building knowledge of local activities and services and seeking solutions to any barriers to accessing them.
- Signpost to other relevant organisations and the wider community offer to address wider issues affecting their mental health including debt, housing, unemployment, caring.
- Share personalised information and advice about tools and techniques and wider resources that will support the individual’s mental health and wellbeing.
- To ensure the service delivers outcomes which supports individuals with mental health and wellbeing needs and achieves the service’s KPIs.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of supporting people to improve their mental health and wellbeing together with experience of managing a small team, working towards service outcomes and be able to establish effective and collaborative relationships with partners and external stakeholders.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Optional Health Plan
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Ongoing until filled
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).