IT / Web Development
Senior Service Desk Analyst
Location: Sandy, Bedfordshire
Salary: £27,574.00 - £33,606.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
As part of the dedicated Technology Services function within the Digital Technology team this role is a vital finger on the pulse of how this charity’s technology is being used and where they have need for improvement; so the role holder must be able to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude, as this is often the first experience a user has of the department and your insight and experience will play a big part in this organisation’s ability to improve their technology maturity and skill levels across the organisation.
As a Senior Service Desk Analyst within the Technology Customer Services team, you will lead the day-to-day work activities of the Service desk who are responsible for providing first line support for all the charity’s staff and volunteers in the day to day use of their IT equipment and business applications.
You will work both individually and collectively to support users by phone, face to face and through the call-logging system, and be the first point of contact for escalations where business activities are impacted. As part of your role you will carry out basic research and analysis of call trends identifying areas where service improvement or change is required and work with the Technology Customer Services manager to ensure that the user and their needs are represented in workforce experience strategic thinking.
You will be able to communicate with users of all abilities and technological proficiency to understand and advise how best to resolve their issues, while having the support of the Run team’s Senior and Systems Engineers to help overcome technical challenges and provide guidance and experience where needed.
You will be able to work under your own initiative, setting team rotas and reporting on service levels and user satisfaction and occasionally represent the team within the Technology Portfolio’s business planning periods.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape and demonstrate how investment in this area can provide a step change in the use of business hardware and systems to help save nature and deliver a more technologically aware workforce.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to line manage individuals on the Service Desk and to deputise for the Technology Customer Service Manager in their absence.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and decide where to pass calls to that the Service desk cannot fix and when to escalate both internally and to suppliers, and to flag any gaps in service desk knowledge or documentation to 2nd line teams.
- Ability to use tools that Service Desk Analysts use for both management of Customers accounts and levels of access as well as software deployment.
- Proven Customer relationship skills/Communication skills: Via phone, E mail and in person including the ability to deal with escalations.
- Ability to input into the asset and license management process to ensure records are up to date and to be responsible for flagging up any gaps to the Technology Customer Service Manager and Supplier Manager.
- Able to represent Customers feedback and their day to day challenges in the use of technology and services and feed into the prioritisation of workforce experience projects and programmes of work
- An awareness of accessibility and the role this plays in a user’s ability to use the organisation’s platforms, applications and hardware.
- Able to demonstrate basic analytical skills.
- An awareness of ITIL and an understanding of how the Service Desk function fits within the ITIL framework.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate's time will be split between home-working and the UK Headquarters in Sandy, Bedfordshire.
Closing date: 23:59, 19 September 2021
Please note that this vacancy is being actively recruited and the right is reserved to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received.
This charity is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,574.00-£33,606.00 per year
Monday to Friday
8 days ago