Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Management, Medical, Operations, Public Sector, Social Care
Are you calm, non-judgemental and able to work effectively with people experiencing distress?
Can you demonstrate our values of Hope, Courage, Together and Responsive and want to be part of our mission to create opportunities for individuals to make choices, find their own solutions, build resilience and manage their whole life and wellbeing?
If the answer to all of these is yes, we want to hear from you.
Job title: Senior Support Worker (Mental Health Groups)
Reference Number: 160
Salary scale: £24,000 - £25,000 per annum (incl. Outer London Weighting)
Reports to: Services Manager
Contract length: One year
Hour: 37.5 hours per week (Full time)
Location: Base Negotiable, covering Hertfordshire countywide.
Could you play a key part in the development and delivery of our groups as well as providing regular line management to a team of Group Facilitators?
Hertfordshire Mind Network has been providing innovative mental health services in the county since 1970.
We are an independent local charity, federated to national Mind.
- We fight for the mental health of every person in Hertfordshire.
- We provide mental health support, opportunity, advocacy and resources.
- We will elevate and promote the voice of those with lived experience of mental ill health.
About the Role
Hertfordshire Mind Network (HMN) provide a significant amount of face to face and online groups across the county.
We currently offer 28 groups which includes our inclusive meeting places, art groups, self-supporting groups, our new supportive drama group and many more.
Our group support is in great demand and this role is key to us expanding, developing and managing our groups to meet the needs of our clients across Hertfordshire.
The Successful candidate will
- Provide regular line management supervision to a team of Group Facilitators
- Play an integral role in instilling HMN’s values through the Group Facilitators and their groups
- Play a key part in the development and delivery of our groups
- Ensure the delivery of quality services at all times
- Have experience of facilitating and developing groups and a good understanding of group dynamics
- Have experience of co-ordinating and/or leading service provision
- Have understanding of project development and project management in the voluntary or independent sector.
- Understand Mental Health issues and the impact of these
- Understand safeguarding when working with vulnerable adults
- Manage own workload, prioritising tasks and working on own initiative
- Facilitate a set number of our regular groups/meeting places
- Provide cover, where possible, for groups/meeting places
- Oversee all current groups/meeting places so they run effectively
- Co-ordinate and ensure adequate cover is provided for groups/meeting places for holidays/sickness
- Manage the group referrals inbox, responding to queries in a timely manner and processing new referrals
- Line manage some of Group Facilitators, with the support of the Team Leader.
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year pro rata, rising in increments to a max. of 29 days after 5 years employment (plus 8 days Bank Holidays)
- An additional day of leave each year for your birthday following completion of probation period.
- Ongoing training relevant to your role.
- An Employee Assistance Programme.
- Health cover (after 6 months employment) – compensation payment for Optical, Dental, Chiropody and Therapy Treatments.
Being able to drive and having access to your own vehicle is essential for this role.
Closing date: Friday 6th October 2023.
Interview date and venue to be confirmed.
Please note: this role may close sooner due to demand in applications.
We welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.
Hertfordshire Mind Network is committed to the Disability Confident and Mindful Employer charters. We actively recruit staff who have a lived experience of mental ill health. We recognise and value the unique combination of skills, knowledge and perspective that employing people with a lived experience, at all levels across the organisation, brings.
We are delighted to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).