Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Environmental / Conservation, Management, Operations, Social Care
Do you want to work in a role where you can help make a difference to people who are at risk of living in fuel poverty?
Are you a caring and friendly person?
Do you have leadership skills?
Are you confident in managing a team, inspiring them to achieve professional goals and program targets?
If the answer is yes, then this charity would like you to join them to be a Senior Green Doctor!
Senior Green Doctor
Contract: Fixed term until 30th April 2024, with a possibility to extend
Salary: £28,000 - £29,500
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Green Doctors are part of this not-for-profit organisation?and have been helping vulnerable people for over 16 years. They work with Local Authorities and Housing Associations to support those most in need. Your role will include delivering home visits and telephone support to advise people on how to save energy and money in the home, installing energy saving measures and helping households apply for grants.
Other duties also include:
- Representing the team at local events run by various organisations
- Taking part in regular training sessions to improve your skills and knowledge within the energy-saving world
- Manage a team of experienced energy advisors
- Ensure the team are on track to deliver an excellent service and achieve their targets
- Supporting team members to achieve their professional goals
- Employee Health Care Cash Plan
- Ongoing training and development along with qualifications in energy saving and retrofitting
- A Green Doctor van/car to travel to and from home visits
- Practical skills and are a people-person with a passion for helping the vulnerable
- Knowledge of energy efficiency to provide in-home tailored energy-saving advice
- Ability to adapt your approach to suit client’s varying needs
- Ideally qualifications such as a Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA), NVQ Level 3 (6049-03) Provide Energy Efficiency Services, or City and Guilds Energy Awareness (6281-01) but relevant experience in the field will be considered
- You must be comfortable with lone working and effectively managing your own workload
- A full clean driving license is required
If the above ticks a lot of boxes, please submit an application!
Closing date for applications: 7th April 2023
Interview date: 17th April 2023, via Teams
Appointment to this role is subject to an enhanced records check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).