Administration, Customer Service, Education, Other, PR / Communications
Clare College are seeking to appoint a Schools Liaison Officer to contribute to the College's undergraduate widening participation strategy by extending and improving its relationships with schools and colleges within the College’s link areas to raise aspirations and develop knowledge of Cambridge and higher education through events in College, in schools, and online.
Schools Liaison Officer
Location: Cambridge, CB2
Salary: £26,000 per annum + bonus
Contract: 24 months fixed term
This will involve responsibility for school visits to the College and regular travel to our link areas, including Tower Hamlets and Hackney, to deliver one-off events and sustained interventions.
- Take responsibility for the organisation and delivery of school visits to College and other engagement with schools and colleges in the College’s Link Areas. This will include liaising with College undergraduate and postgraduate students, staff and academics, as well as outreach officers in the University departments and museums.
- Visit Link Area schools and colleges to deliver talks and workshops with students, parents and teachers. Some of these events will take place in the evening and require occasional late-night travel and overnight stays.
- Deliver a range of relevant presentations and workshops to students and teachers, both inperson and online.
- Support residential outreach events (currently two per year), assisting as directed by the Outreach & Admissions Officer.
- Recruit and train current Clare students to assist with school visits.
- Pursue the College and University’s aspirations and targets in widening participation in the College’s Link Areas.
- Liaise with other colleges in Cambridge and Oxford, and other Higher Education Institutions and charities, to support Link Area schools and colleges.
- Work with the Outreach & Admissions Officer, Admissions Officer, and Communications Manager to maintain relevant areas of the College website and contribute outreach content to the College’s YouTube channel and other social media.
- Develop and deliver a regular outreach newsletter to teachers and students.
- Respond to enquiries from schools in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the widening participation team in the Cambridge Admissions Office (CAO) and attend meetings of the University Schools Liaison Officers group (SLOG) to develop links and collaborations and ensure the College has access to current best practice.
- Support the College’s Open Days as directed by the Outreach & Admissions Officer.Maintain a database of all schools liaison activities and Link Area contacts and work with the Outreach & Admissions Officer to produce written reports as required.
- Ensure that activities and participants are recorded on HEAT (Higher Education Access Tracker), for which full training will be provided.
- Collaborate with the Outreach & Admissions Officer to evaluate the College’s outreach activities and programmes.
- Observe the College’s Equal Opportunities, Child Protection, GDPR and Health and Safety policies, and be aware of the broad implications of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act (2001) for undergraduate recruitment.
- Any other responsibilities and duties consistent with being a member of the Admissions & Tutorial Department.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work for the second oldest of the 31 Colleges in the University of Cambridge. Regarded as one of the most progressive and informal, Clare is renowned as a College that achieves academically at the highest levels, whilst also being welcoming, forward-thinking, and inclusive. Located in the heart of Cambridge city centre, the College is extraordinarily beautiful and famed for its gardens on “the backs” (the famous backs of the Colleges that overlook the River Cam). Our gardens are widely renowned as some of the best in Cambridge and are valued by all members of the College, as well as our guests. Clare’s Old Court, a Grade I listed building, is the centre of the College and is unique among the ancient Cambridge Colleges in having maintained its architectural integrity over the course of its history.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £26,000 per annum plus bonus. The contract is offered on annualised hours for 24 months. In addition to the salary you will be entitled to a free lunch when working in College, membership of a defined contribution pension scheme, and access to an employee assistance programme and cash healthcare scheme.
The closing date for applications is the 5th December 2023
Interviews being held at Clare on the 15th December 2023.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).