Charity / Voluntary, Environmental / Conservation, Hospitality / Catering, Leisure / Tourism, Retail, Sales / Business Development
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to join us as a Retail Assistant at our Leighton Moss reserve, and help us deliver fantastic customer service.
Retail Assistant - RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve (Lancaster)
Location: Silverdale, RSPB Leighton Moss
Salary: £9.90 - £10.98 Per Hour
Hours: Casual, zero-hour contracted role
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
About the Role
The main focus of the Retail Assistant role is to serve customers and ensure they have the best experience possible. You will also help maintain the retail displays, process deliveries, operate the till, and respond to visitor enquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
Working on a nature reserve means there’s always plenty going on and you’ll need to be prepared to deal with almost anything. You will receive full training and support on all aspects of RSPB Retail, which will enable you to drive sales, be a positive role model to the team, and an ambassador for the RSPB.
- Ensuring the retail store is delivering the highest standard of customer care.
- Working with the retail management team to achieve financial targets and Key Performance Indicators to deliver against retail store goals.
- Ensure the retail store is commercially merchandised and stock levels are appropriate.
- Ensuring all retail admin, operating processes, security including cash handling and health and safety in the retail store adheres to RSPB procedures.
The successful candidate will be available to work during the day (no evenings), and weekend and Bank Holiday working will be essential.
- Opportunity to work for the UK's leading conservation charity
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Instore discounts on all retail items
- Annual leave (pro-rata)
- Paid Employee Volunteer Day
What we need from you
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- Computer literate.
- Enthusiastic approach to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience of working at a retail environment/visitor attraction.
- Experience of working in a sales background.
- Retail certificate.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Merchandising skills.
- Till operation and payment handling.
Closing date: 23:59, Wednesday, 6th July 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 11th July 2022.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).