Customer Service, Emergency Services, Human Resources, Other, Public Sector
Do you thrive under pressure?
Consider yourself a problem solver?
Then we have the job for you!
Exciting opportunities have arisen within Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service (BFRS).
Resource Support Officer
Hours: Full Time.12 hour shifts from 07:00 – 19:00. This is on a rotating shift pattern which will include every other weekend and the successful applicant will be expected to work an average of 42 hours a week.
Salary: The salary for this post is Scale F of the Support Services staff salary scales, with a starting salary of £32,467 (development rate of pay, including the 7.5% out of hours retainer) a year, increasing to £33,197 (competent rate of pay, including the 7.5% out of hours retainer).
Based: Aylesbury HQ
We are looking to recruit two Resource Support Officers (RSO) for our Resource Management Team (RMT). One vacancy will be available with an immediate start, the second role we are looking to start mid-September. Previous experience is not needed as full on the job training will be given. If you want to make a difference in your community, willing to learn new skills and be part of a high performing team we want to hear from you!
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Our firefighters operate from 19 fire stations from the outskirts of London to the South Midlands. Not all lifesavers wear uniforms. We employ around 100 people from specialist support staff to education and fire prevention. We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
About the role
You will support the RMT and RMT Station Commander by assisting in the management of operational resourcing and provide a link between operational stations, Thames Valley Fire Control (TVFC) and our Duty Officers.
The role includes:
- Managing resources in the event of the Operational Support Room being established
- Supporting the response to events such as significant protracted incidents or spate conditions
- Managing business continuity arrangements for major events or instances where the resilience of the Service may be affected.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent attention to detail with a positive approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasking and organisational skills
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a busy team.
Experience and qualifications required
- Level 2 Functional Skills or GCSEs in Maths and English Language A*–C (9–4)
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel
- A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications) desirable but not essential.
Anything else you need to know
Successful applicants must be prepared to work flexibly, providing availability out of hours on a retaining fee system. The option of hybrid and flexible working is available.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
Abatement & Protected Pension
If you are in receipt of a Firefighter’s pension, before taking up employment with Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority you are required to notify Human Resources as Abatement Rules may apply.
Closing Date: 28th March 2023
If there are any adaptions or adjustments, we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please get in touch with BFRS.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).