Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Social Care
Our client, a mental health and wellbeing charity, has a vacancy for a Refugee Community Outreach Worker to join their team.
This is an exciting new project, ‘Flourish’ – Mental Health for Refugees in Hertfordshire, which is a highly flexible and responsive outreach service developed to meet the needs of refugees fleeing the war in Ukraine & other refugees in Hertfordshire. The aim of the service will be to support refugees in the community with multiple needs who have mental health support as a primary need.
This countywide holistic service also provides emotional wellbeing support for families who are hosting refugees.
Complex needs’ are defined by the National Complex Needs Alliance as a combination of health needs and social needs.
Refugee Community Outreach Worker
Based: Flexible across 7 wellbeing centres in Hertfordshire
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Rate of pay: £23,500 – £24,000 per annum
Responsible to: Flourish Team Leader or Flourish Senior Worker
Responsible for: Supporting refugees in the community with multiple needs, who have mental health support as a primary need
Do you want to support people with mental health issues? Are you calm, non-judgemental and able to work effectively with people experiencing distress?
The purpose of the Network Refugee Community Outreach Worker role is to:
- To provide advice, information, onward referral and holistic support to clients with mental ill health.
- Support to build social networks and reduce isolation whilst settling into the Hertfordshire community this includes building a sustainable and empowering peer support network and building confidence and self-esteem.
- To ensure that the safety and wellbeing of the client is monitored and reviewed regularly.
- To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
- Embed a person centred and solution focused approach in all aspects of the role.
- To work in a trauma informed way including awareness of the 6 principles of trauma informed practice, putting the clients emotional and practical needs at the forefront of this work.
Can you demonstrate values of Hope, Empathy, Respect, Integrity and Excellence and want to be part of a mission to create opportunities for individuals to make choices, find their own solutions, build resilience and manage their whole life and wellbeing? If the answer to all of these is yes, then our client would like to hear from you.
You must have a driving license and access to a vehicle (or equivalent).
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday May 18th by 5pm.
Interviews shall take place on Wednesday 25th of May at their Watford Wellbeing Centre.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).