Charity / Voluntary, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Post no: 557
Working base: Luton
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 21 hrs per week
Work pattern: 4 days, Mo, We, Thu, Fri, (10:00 am – 03:00 pm or 04:00 pm)
Salary: £21,164.00 per annum, FTE (Actual salary: £12,012 per annum)
Could you support individuals to gain and maintain mental wellbeing through social and structured wellbeing interventions?
About the Role
The Recovery Worker will offer activities and groups throughout the day enabling service users to manage their mental health and move through their recovery journeys?
In addition to this the role will involve assessing suitability for the service and signposting where necessary as well as performing 1-1 meetings with clients periodically to assess and create action plans.
The role will also include the opportunity to support events in the community to raise awareness of our services and build links with local organisations.
- Operate a service and ensure outcomes which supports individuals with mental health and wellbeing needs in Luton, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed recovery model and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Carry out assessments on individuals’ suitability for Mind BLMK’s services in line with the Access to Service procedure and requirements for various projects and services.
- Support the Central Advisory Group in Luton as directed by the Recovery Coordinator.
- Encourage and support client engagement with Mind BLMK through Guarantor Membership, the Friends and Associates Schemes and training opportunities
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out Cash Handling, Health and Safety and Data Collection responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidance.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Ongoing until filled
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).