Charity / Voluntary, Emergency Services, Leisure / Tourism, Management, Project Management
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to take on a contract up until the 31st Dec 2024 developing an innovative landscape-scale habitat enhancement project.
Do you have the passion, skills, flexibility and project management experience to deliver landmark, landscape-scale, environmental change?
Project Manager - (Frampton Marsh)
Location: Role will require regular travel to RSPB Frampton Marsh
Salary: £28,420.00 - £31,529.00 Per Annum
Hours: Full-time role, 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Contract to end 31st Dec 2024
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days annual leave
About the Role
The RSPB has been awarded funding from DEFRA to develop a Landscape Recovery Scheme in and around Frampton Marsh, Lincolnshire. We, alongside our project partners, will have two years to explore how we can support and fund nature’s recovery across over 1,500 hectares of land.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager for the development phase of this project. If you like variety, then read on! In this role, you’ll find yourself leading and motivating the project team to keep everyone on track, managing contractors and external consultants, liaising with key stakeholders including the project partnership and making sure that the project delivers the best outcome for nature.
You don’t need a wealth of knowledge of birds or wildlife to do this job (we have plenty of people who can help you there!). However, we do need you to be passionate and enthusiastic about doing what you can to help us to tackle the joint climate and nature crises. You’ll be part of our mission to inspire and empower people to help create a world that is richer in nature, where birds and other wildlife are thriving for the benefit of everyone.
This role will have responsibility for line managing the project’s Community Engagement Officer and Senior Administrator.
What we need from you
- Proven experience of managing complex projects to a standard project management approach (eg Prince II).
- Impressive time management and organisational skills
- Ability to solve issues quickly, efficiently and creatively, and to manage change within projects.
- Excellent writing skills
- Great interpersonal skills whether 1-2-1, chairing a meeting or presenting to a large audience
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrable leadership ability, able to lead without line management authority
- .Logical, methodical, analytical and with a good eye for detail.
- Competent IT user (e.g. MS packages, Outlook etc).
- An ability to persuade and motivate a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Experience of successfully managing budgets
- Project Management Qualification or appropriate training.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders such as agencies and contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and working in partnerships to achieve shared outcomes.
- Line-management experience.
The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Closing date: 23:59, Wednesday, 8th February 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from w/c 13th of February 2023.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).