Administration, Charity / Voluntary, Environmental / Conservation, Fundraising, Operations, Social Care
This charity works locally and nationally to transform lives in the UK’s most disadvantaged communities.
The organisation helps people to carry out thousands of diverse projects each year. Projects that tackle climate change and help people out of fuel poverty. Projects that bring out the best in young people by helping them to improve their local area. Projects that build stronger communities by improving green space or creating jobs.
Last year the charity accessed £96 million of funding to support their mission and distributed £29 million in grants to help local groups improve their neighbourhoods.
The charity is currently recruiting to a Programmes Officer vacancy within their established Programmes & Partnerships team based in Birmingham.
Location: Central Birmingham (blended home/ office)
Salary: £29,313 per annum
The organisation is seeking someone with experience of working with a variety of external funding streams, providing end to end support for applicants with excellent customer service, carrying out assessments of funding applications, undertaking due diligence processes, making grant payments and monitoring. You will carry out your duties with a high level of accuracy and be a team player who is quick to adapt to shifting priorities in a dynamic working environment.
- Assess grant-funding applications using assessment frameworks.
- Monitor and manage the delivery of grants and projects by assessing progress reports and data returns
- Monitor Local delivery by the charity’s Trusts or other local delivery organisations.
- Use a range of management information systems and databases to support the effective management of grants and programmes
- Data management, manipulation, and analysis to produce accurate data reports to funders and to undertake detailed data analysis to programme, performance, and quality management
- Undertake funding compliance checks and due diligence processes, interpreting detailed funder requirements to ensure alignment with funding rules
- Act as a point of contact for external grant recipients and project delivery staff, providing advice and guidance on application and monitoring processes, and compliance requirements
- Liaise with the charity’s funders and commissioners to provide accurate, relevant information, delivering a high level of customer service
- Contribute to the development of guidance to help ensure project delivery/ grant usage meets all requirements
- Develop and review programme and grant management processes to maximise efficiency, results, and levels of customer service
- Check and process claims to support financial management of programmes and contracts.
- Produce accurate, high quality written reports for Managers, Trustees, and Funders
- Support the management of external programme evaluation and act as the first point of contact for those involved in evaluations and impact assessment
- Organise and participate in grant panel meetings involving representatives from representatives from partners, funders, and commissioners
- Organise and participate in briefings for delivery staff and grantees, to support understanding of grant programme and contract requirements
- Experience & understanding of grant management processes
- Appreciation of the needs of third sector organisations
- Grant application assessment skills
- Experience and understanding of working with a variety of different community-based charities and organisations
- Experience of undertaking due diligence process and procedures.
- Proactive communication and team-working skills
- Ability to plan, organise own workload and deal with competing demands
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Experience of processing claims and making payments
- Experience of supporting the management of intricate projects and programmes
- Supporting project monitoring and evaluation
- Operating management information systems
- Experience of producing accurate, high quality written reports & case studies
Closing date: 12 noon, 5 September 2022
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).