This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with PR skills and a proven track record in securing media coverage to join an innovative and ambitious charity. As PR Officer, you will help ensure this charity is the leading brain tumour voice in the media.
Putting patients and their families at the heart of your work, you will drive awareness and help this charity acquire new supporters. You will also build loyalty with their supporters and their families, helping them to share their stories in the media and on the charity’s own channels.
Having responsibility for a specific region, you will work to ensure people in that region are increasingly aware of the charity and its activities.
Our client is an exciting, innovative, and ambitious charity. They are passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence across the UK.
Location: Office based (currently remote working in line with govt. guidelines)
Salary: Up to £30k per annum
Full Time: 35 hours per week, based at Head Office in Milton Keynes
Reporting to the PR Manager you will:
- Raise the profile of -and strengthen the reputation of- the charity through print, broadcast and online media, both nationally and regionally, in order to fuel the exponential growth of the charity
- Achieve individual targets and contribute to team targets agreed with the PR Manager
- Write and pitch stories in an engaging and concise way, promoting the key messaging and core campaigns
- Work closely with the Community Fundraising team in your region in order to strengthen existing relationships, develop new ones, and maximise fundraising opportunities
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to maximise reach opportunities
- Build communities through working with regional as well as national media so that this charity is top of mind when someone in a community is diagnosed with a brain tumour
- Respond to incoming media inquiries
- Track PR coverage
- Support and promote awareness and fundraising activities
- Write and proof-read press releases and case studies and, where appropriate, maximise coverage of each
- Conduct case study interviews and produce compelling human-interest stories and feature articles
- Ensure that central administration systems in place are complied with, and that all information relating to contacts are correctly entered onto the database
- Ensure that all relevant charity and other legislation is complied with
- Comply with the organisation’s internal policies as appropriate
- Assist the PR & Communications team with any other tasks as determined by the Head of PR and Communications
Closing date: Sunday 31st July 2021
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may beed to scroll down).
No agencies please.