Administration, Charity / Voluntary, Environmental / Conservation, Marketing, Operations, Other, PR / Communications, Sales / Business Development, Social Care
Birmingham / Remote
Our client, a social regeneration charity, is looking for a dynamic, motivated Policy & Public Affairs Officer to join the team and help shape their engagement with government, politicians and policy makers across the UK.
Policy & Public Affairs Officer
Location: Flexible (regular attendance in Birmingham required)
The Policy & Public Affairs Officer will contribute to all aspects of the charity's policy and public affairs activity including regular monitoring of developments in Westminster and Whitehall, dissemination of relevant updates to support influencing and positioning opportunities and the production of reports and publications aimed at building credibility with key stakeholders.
- Support the development and delivery of a programme of public affairs activity that positions the organisation with policy makers and other priority stakeholders as a credible, authoritative voice on communities and the environment and opens up new partnership and funding opportunities
- Regularly monitor and report on relevant political activity and policy developments to internal stakeholders
- Work with colleagues to develop evidence-based policy solutions informed by the charity's delivery
- Draft content including blogs, comment pieces, articles and contribute to the development and delivery of media and digital marketing campaigns
- Work closely with the Head of Policy & Communications on the commissioning and production of research, reports and publications aimed at informing and influencing policymakers
- Respond to relevant public consultations, gathering insight and drafting responses in collaboration with the charity's Trusts with relevant expertise and experience
- Contribute to the dissemination of learning and impact from the organisation's programmes and campaigns by producing research, case studies and other reports
- Represent the charity in external policy networks and at events
- Support colleagues around the charity's federation to build relationships with stakeholders in devolved assemblies, combined authorities and other public institutions
Closing Date: Friday 9th June 2023
They expect to conduct interviews video call: During the week commencing 19th June 2023
The employer will contact you to let you know whether you have been shortlisted for interview.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).