Charity / Voluntary, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Peer Support Worker (Older Adults)
Post no: 567
Working base: Beech Close - Dunstable (2 roles), or Twinwoods – Clapham (1 role), or The Lawns – Biggleswade (1 role).
Salary: £21,164.00 FTE (actual salary: £8,580.00 per annum)
Hours: 15 hours per week – work pattern to be agreed
Contract: Fixed term for 12 months
We are searching for new Peer Support Workers with lived experience to join our new Older Adults peer support service. The role involves performing one to one meetings and facilitating peer support groups. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the recovery journey needed to improve mental health and wellbeing for older adults. Our peer support and recovery services are a key element of the services we offer, and we are looking for someone who can use their own lived experiences to provide support to help individuals achieve their goals.
- Facilitate Peer Support groups and ensure outcomes which supports older adults with mental health and wellbeing needs and achieves the service’s KPIs.
- Support one to one meetings which supports older adults in the recovery of their mental health and wellbeing.
- Support older adults to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
- Coordinate the service processing client’s referrals, assess client’s suitability, and ensure a suitable pathway is actioned.
- Support clients to access other services within the BLMK area.
- Encourage and support client engagement with Mind BLMK through the influence and participation process, Guarantor Membership, and training opportunities.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures, and guidance (workload planning and support). To comply with ELFT’s policies and procedures and ethical obligations.
- Carry out health and safety responsibilities as directed by the Service Manager and comply with policies, procedures, and guidance (risk assessments, reviews, reporting, safeguarding, incidents/accidents, premises).
- Work within a blended multi-disciplinary team carrying out responsibilities as directed by Older Peoples Service Manager for the collection of monitoring and reporting of service data. Undertake responsibilities in reporting service information in line with Mind BLMK’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata).
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%).
- Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits.
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working).
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: 5pm on 19 November 2023 (we reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply)
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).