Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Social Care
Ampthill & Leighton Buzza
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Peer Support Worker
Post no: 560
Location: Ampthill and Leighton Buzzard
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 12 hrs per week
Salary: £21,164.00 per annum, FTE (actual salary £6,864 per annum)
Could you use own experience of Mental Health challenges to support others on their recovery journey; facilitate peer and recovery support groups for individuals to gain and maintain positive mental wellbeing?
- Support an existing peer led eco-therapy group to work towards self-sustainability
- Coordinate the service processing of client referrals, adding details to the data base and assessing client suitability by carrying out risk assessments.
- Support clients to access other services within Mind BLMK.
- Encourage and support client engagement with Mind BLMK through the influence and participation process, Guarantor Membership, and training opportunities.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out Cash Handling, Health and Safety and Data Collection responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidance.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%
- )Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: 5pm Thursday 28th September 2023
Interview Date: Thursday 5th October 2023
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).