Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Peer Support Worker
Post no: 530
Working base: Biggleswade
Area covered: Biggleswade and Dunstable
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 12 hours per week (Thursday & Friday)
Salary: £21,164.00 FTE (actual salary: £6,864 per annum)
We are searching for a Peer Support Worker to join our Mental Health services. The role is a peer support worker, who would need to be able to work at all locations shown, who would facilitate face to face and zoom groups, and help us with the smooth running of Mind BLMK services.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the recovery journey needed to improve mental health and wellbeing. Our peer support and recovery services are a key element of the services we offer, and we are looking for someone who can use their own lived experiences to provide support to help individuals achieve their goals.
- Facilitate Peer Support groups and ensure outcomes which support individuals with mental health and wellbeing needs and achieves the service’s KPIs.
- Support an existing peer led eco-therapy group to work towards self-sustainability.
- Coordinate the service processing client’s referrals, assess client’s suitability and ensure a suitable venue is used for the sessions.
- Support clients to access other services within Mind BLMK.
- Encourage and support client engagement with Mind BLMK through the influence and participation process, Guarantor Membership, and training opportunities.
- Identify and build good working relationships with Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust, community groups, relevant services and activities for partnership work and signposting as well as keep updated information about them.
- Carry out Health & Safety, Cash Handling and Data protection in line with MIND BLMK and statutory policies.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you feel like you would be suitable for this role, we can't wait to hear from you.
Closedown: Ongoing until filled
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).