Charity / Voluntary, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Peer Mentor Facilitator (Mental Health)
Post no: 559
Location: Covering Bedfordshire, Flitwick office
Contract type: Fixed term until 31st March 2024
Hours: 12 hrs per week (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday)
Salary: £22,164.00 per annum, FTE (actual salary £7,188.32 per annum)
We are searching for a Peer Mentor Facilitator to join our mental health services. The role of the peer mentor facilitator will be to help with the smooth running of the Mind BLMK mentoring service and act as a mentor to service users. The ideal candidate will understand the recovery journey through a goal setting approach to improve mental health and wellbeing.
Our peer support services are a key element of our provisions, and we are looking for someone who can use their own lived experiences to provide support to help individuals achieve their goals.
- Coordinate and facilitate the use of volunteer peer mentors across Bedfordshire, in line with Mind BLMK’s peer support model, operational policies and procedures (assessments, Mentor/Mentee introductions, goal setting, reviews).
- Facilitate initial Mentor / Mentee introductions, identify set goals for the relationship and ensure regular reviews are held.
- Work closely with the Peer Support Services Manager to recruit volunteer peer mentors to meet contract requirements and provide the infrastructure they need to deliver this support safely and confidently.
- Maintain an effective volunteer peer mentor workforce assisted by the Peer Support Services Manager for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures and guidance (recruitment, workload coordination, support, training and development of volunteers).
- Ensure that support is given to peer mentors through regular peer group support meetings and one-to-one meetings as appropriate.
- Carry out Cash Handling, Health and Safety and Data Collection responsibilities in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidance.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Ongoing until filled
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).