Charity / Voluntary
Location: Wombwell, Bolton upon Dearne, Barnsley
Hours: 10 hours per week including weekends, from 3pm to 5pm
Salary: £17,960.00 - £19,295.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
Our client is the largest conservation charity in the UK, working to reverse the climate and ecological crisis, with over 1.2 million members and managing nature reserves throughout the UK. They were founded by campaigners, and after 130 years of actively restoring and campaigning for nature in the UK and around the world, they know they need as many people as possible to love nature and take action to reverse its decline. A key way to do this, is to inspire people through their events and activities on nature reserves.
Our client’s nature reserve is a wetland wildlife reserve between Rotherham and Barnsley, which has just been awarded SSSI status (Site of Special Scientific Interest) for its wildlife. They attract over 70,000 visitors each year and your role as cleaner is vital to help keep their visitor centre in high condition.
What’s the role about?
Working with their existing cleaner, you will be responsible for the cleaning of the on-site offices and visitor centre. They have recently invested in their visitor infrastructure thanks to National Lottery Heritage funded project and they’re keen to keep the facilities cleaned to a high standard and ensure all visitors enjoy their visit.
You’ll follow directions from the Facilities Manager who sets your work programme each week, you’ll feedback any issues on site or low stock levels.
You will communicate with the retail and café team for any day to day additions or alterations in the work programme.
Main duties will include:
· Hoovering and mopping floors
· Cleaning the public and staff toilets, refilling toilet rolls and hand towels
· Cleaning high touch point areas to maintain covid secure workplaces
· Check stock levels of cleaning materials
· Dusting and wiping desks
What do they need from you?
· Experience of cleaning offices or a commercial environment
· Some experience of cleaning busy public environments
· Knowledge of the use of cleaning products to ensure products are used in a safe and appropriate manner.
· An understanding of colour coding cleaning tools and avoiding cross contamination.
· Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace and manual handling.
· Being able to work as a team with our cleaner, and cover holidays and illness where possible.
· Good time management skills
· Good attention to detail
· Ability to see from a customer’s point of view.
· Ability to transport cleaning products around the offices and visitor centre.
Closing date: 23:59, 19 September 2021
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete a full application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience requested.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.
Reference ID: 158550
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,960.00-£19,295.00 per year
3 days agoReport job