Charity / Voluntary
Part-Time Centre Assistant
Location: Sherwood Forest
Salary: £9.21 - £10.21 Per Hour
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata)
These roles will be permanent contracts for a minimum of 10 hours per week, up to a maximum of 37.5. You will need to be available to work during weekdays and weekends. Bank Holiday working will be essential.
This environmental charity’s busy visitor centre at Sherwood Forest National Nature Reserve is looking for Centre Assistants to join the team. They are looking for individuals who are able to deliver the highest standards of customer care and assist with the day-to-day running of the visitor centre, in-line with set procedures and routines.
Each day will be different with successful applicants working interdepartmentally across Catering, Retail and Welcome.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Enthusiastic approach to work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to manage and respond to visitor
- needs and feedback;
- Working in target driven/pressured environment;
- Working on the till, card machine, cashing up;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working in a high volume catering/retail outlet;
- Till operation and payment handling;
- Knowledge of food and food service skills;
- Knowledge of retail merchandising;
- Computer skills.
Please note that you will be required to upload a CV and complete a short application form for this role. If you would like to include a cover letter, please include this on the same document as your CV.
Closing date: 23:59, 22 September 2021
The charity are looking to conduct interviews for this position from week commencing 27th September.
The organisation is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.21-£10.21 per hour
Monday to Friday