Charity / Voluntary, Digital, Environmental / Conservation, Management, Marketing, Operations, Sales / Business Development
Paid Media Product Owner
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £38,000.00 - £42,156.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Remote Working, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
Duration: Permanent, Full Time 37.5 hours per week.
About the Role
Reporting into the Head of Digital Products, this role will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of our externally focused paid marketing activity. Focusing on increasing, reach, (targeting) relevancy and in growing the number of potential new supporters seeing and engaging with the RSPB. Using micro and macro targeting methods base on personas and using the latest digital technologies to segment and focus the paid digital activity to maximise the impact and return on investment.
What's the role about?
A key area for this role will be developing the growth of this channel and delivering a vision, via our in-house expertise and in conjunction with our digital marketing media agencies. This role needs to set ambitious performance targets, ensure robust monitoring and evaluation takes place across all activity and that we develop a strong test and learn methodology to grow this channel and its contribution to the organisation.
An important and core part of this role is the expectation to manage the delivery of these campaigns both internally and external, across departments and managing key personnel required to deliver our paid marketing ambitions.
We are looking for this position to direct how this digital experience can be brought into the RSPB delivery teams to further enable our in-house capabilities and maximise our speed to market.
The role will have one part-time direct report: in a Digital Marketing Product Executive who will be working two days per week.
Paid Marketing has been a fundamental part of our overall marketing approach at the RSPB, helping deliver consistent results and reach new audiences. As part of a new corporate strategy, we need to reach and engage new and diverse audiences to help encourage our supporters to be part of the RSPB’s call to support nature within this climate crisis we all face. As a Product Owner within the RSPB, you will be responsible for helping develop an ambitious, focused, and measurable product strategies, you will be responsible for the vision of your product and for defining and prioritising strategies that deliver valuable outcomes, in conjunction with owned budget and income targets to be managed and achieved.
You will matrix manage and lead a team of cross-functional colleagues to ensure this work is delivered internally through the organisations project management teams & externally working directly with a number of agencies and drive these relationships to maximise the impact and effectiveness of our paid marketing activity.
The Product Owner will spend time focused across:
- Defining and implementing the overall channel strategy using external industry leading knowledge.
- Implementing a paid marketing roadmap focusing on optimising key results via a test and learn culture.
- Focusing on micro segmentation and optimising response rate and ROI (Return on Investment).
- Strategy and delivery across our core campaigns including Big Garden Birdwatch & the evergreen Membership income objectives.
- Working closely with the other "Product Owners" to align campaigns across all marketing and communication channels.
- To work closely with the online content and campaigns team.
- With special attention to be paid to delivering the income targets for "Membership".
- To manage the paid marketing agency relationship at the strategic level.
- To be an experienced marketing manager and influencer to help direct the delivery teams both externally and internally to execute the plan.
- To lead the process of bringing the delivery resource in-house within a phased and timed milestone.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
As part of the upskilling across digital expertise in-house. There is an expectation that this niche knowledge will become increasingly understood in a mainstream context within teams. Large corporates are already gearing up for the mainstreaming of their digital technologies, as such we should expect a percentage of this knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of systems and software that supports the management and delivery of Paid media, including Segmentation, Artificial intelligence, Zero and 1st Party data.
- Accountable for owning the performance output for the channel, and in optimising across all paid digital platforms utilising insight from a range of sources (Google Analytics and other tools) to develop, implement and improve capability and user journeys that help achieve priority objectives.
- An ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across the organisation to help secure buy-in and support for your vision and priorities.
- Be skilled in initiating and presenting a robust testing plan for continued optimisation of key journeys to help improve performance and the email product.
- Strong working knowledge of audience segmentation to ensure maximised engagement and conversion through Paid Media.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage and prioritise multiple objectives, workstreams and communication priorities.
- Strong knowledge of the Paid marketing industry, keeping up to date with the latest trends, regularly following best practice and implementing the latest knowledge and insight to drive performance.
The successful candidate will be able to conduct this role remotely, however occasional travel (once per month) to our HQ in Sandy, Bedfordshire will be required.
Closing date: 23:59, Sunday 29th May 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 2nd June 2022.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).