Charity / Voluntary
Mental Health Recovery Coordinator
Start date: Asap
Job title: Mental Health Recovery Coordinator
Working base: Luton
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Contracted hours: 37.0 hrs
Working days: Monday – Friday
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
About The Charity
This charity works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, they offer a number of activities from their wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and their aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Their vision and values are at the heart of all they do – The charity is part of the communities in which they work and it is important to them that they take this responsibility on board. 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issue each year, with 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (such as anxiety and depression) in any given week. The impact is felt even more widely – most people will know someone who has needed a hand at some point, be that a family member, friend, colleague, neighbour, student. Mental health is something we all have and the organisation aim to ensure that everyone can get support when they need it.
About the role
This role offers opportunity to coordinate the daily operations of the charity’s Luton mental health recovery service based at their Luton Wellbeing Centre in Dumfries Street, Luton, where they offer activities and groups throughout the week enabling service users to manage their mental health and move through their recovery journeys. The successful candidate will coordinate referrals into the service, and lead on more complex referrals to assess suitability. They will also lead on the continuous development of the services to ensure that they meet the needs of the community, in line with charity values, the promotion of their services to local communities and building strong links to other local services. This role will be responsible for the line management of the staff and volunteer team delivering the services and also for the Luton Wellbeing Centre facilities.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with people with mental health needs and supporting recovery
· Experience of managing a small service within a wider organisation, including delivering a service against performance targets
· Experience of managing a budget
· Experience of managing a small team of staff and volunteers
· Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with a wide range of people
· Ability to promote a service
· IT (MS Outlook, Word and Excel and internet) skills
· Ability to conduct meetings, identify actions and generate notes
· Good literacy and numeracy skills
· Good communication, motivational and negotiation skills
· Valid driving license and access to a car for work
· Understanding the wellbeing needs of and working with people with mental health needs, including those from culturally diverse communities
· Level 3 Social Care or equivalent qualification
Closing date: Thursday 22 September 2021 @ 5pm
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).