Charity / Voluntary, Social Care
Do you want to support people with mental health issues? Are you calm, non-judgemental and able to work effectively with people experiencing distress?
Can you demonstrate this charity's values of Hope, Empathy, Respect, Integrity and Excellence and want to be part of their mission to create opportunities for individuals to make choices, find their own solutions, build resilience and manage their whole life and wellbeing?
If the answer to all of these is yes, then this charity wants to hear from you.
Job title: Mental Health Outreach Worker
Contracted hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full time, Monday - Friday)
Working base: Can be flexible (one of the 7 wellbeing centres)
Salary: £23,000 - £24,000 per annum incl. Outer London Weighting (OLW)
In addition, this role will have a yearly staff retention bonus of up to £2106.
This payment is allocated at the discretion of the employer. They will aim to allocate the first payment at the end of the 6 month probationary period subject to conditions.
About the Service
This is a pilot working as an MDT (Multi-Disciplinary Team) with Housing teams and Drug and Alcohol Services across District and Borough councils. These teams will be working with individuals who are presenting as homeless and have a number of Complex Needs.
Purpose of Post
Providing advice, information, onward referral and holistic support to clients who are experiencing mental ill health or need support with their mental wellbeing. These will be clients who are presenting to District and Borough councils as homeless and need intervention and support with their mental health
- To improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental ill health.
- To increase early access to help for people experiencing mental ill health in, by providing a clear and effective pathway to services provided by this charity and by other third sector and statutory providers.
- To contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
- To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
- To reduce the use of police, ASB, tenancy enforcement, housing needs and environmental health services by clients whose primary need is related to mental ill health.
- To reduce the use of crisis services by people experiencing mental ill health without positive outcomes for the individual.
- To provide an assertive outreach approach for clients who are in crisis and/ or those that may have complex or multiple needs.
- To work collaboratively within an MDT consisting of CGL, District and Borough councils, housing teams and other professionals.
This employer offers:
- Annual leave entitlement of 22 days per year pro rata, rising in increments to a max. of 28 days after 5 years employment (plus 8 days Bank Holidays)
- An additional day of leave each year for your birthday following completion of probation period.
- Ongoing training relevant to your role.
- An Employee Assistance Programme.
- Health cover (after 6 months employment) – compensation payment for Optical, Dental, Chiropody and Therapy Treatments.
Being able to drive and having access to your own vehicle, or equivalent, is essential for this role.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 9th December by 5pm.
Interviews shall take place on Wednesday 14th of December 2022 at the Organisation's Watford Wellbeing Centre.
This employer welcomes applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.
Our client is committed to the Disability Confident and Mindful Employer charters. They actively recruit staff who have a lived experience of mental ill health. They recognise and value the unique combination of skills, knowledge and perspective that employing people with a lived experience, at all levels across the organisation, brings.
This organisations is delighted to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).