Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Social Care
Could you support, by telephone and face to face, individuals to deescalate crisis and improve mental health and wellbeing, through focussed 1:1s and structured crisis interventions?
Mental Health Crisis Assessor
Post no: 505
Salary: £22,164.00 F.T.E (£18,120.57 actual) per annum
Hours: 30.25 (5 shifts per week), Flexible across Monday - Sunday (5:00pm – 11:00pm)
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
About our Crisis Phoneline Team (NHS 111 Option 2)
Our Crisis Café service is working collaboratively with East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) Crisis Phoneline. We are working to support the Crisis Phoneline Team by providing mental health assessments over the phone to ensure everyone is able to access the support they need when approaching or experiencing a mental health crisis.
About the Role
The role will involve working on the phoneline to assess needs, appropriately signpost and provide onward referrals into the Mind BLMK Crisis Cafes and any other relevant local services. This will be complimented by working two days a week in the Mind BLMK Bedford Crisis Café where you will offer one to one support to service users to enable them to begin the process of improving their mental health and wellbeing by providing tailored support and clarity on services and pathways available in the area. The role will be part of the larger Mind BLMK Crisis Café team and in co-location with ELFT, and will be made up of other Crisis Recovery Workers and a Team Leader.
- Deliver crisis focussed 1:1s and ensure outcomes which supports individuals experiencing a mental health crisis in Central Bedfordshire, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Work as a part of ELFT’s Crisis Phoneline to provide appropriate assessment and support over the telephone, and signpost appropriately to reduce pressures on statutory services and re-direct to Mind BLMK’s Crisis Services and other relevant community support.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s when co-located in Mind BLMK’S Bedford Crisis Café.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out Cash Handling, Health and Safety and Data Collection responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidance.
- Carry out responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader and ELFT’s Crisis Phoneline Team Manager for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with Mind BLMK’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Ongoing until filled
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).