Charity / Voluntary, Environmental / Conservation, Fundraising, Management, Marketing, PR / Communications, Sales / Business Development
Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
Location: Flexible in UK (Hybrid/WFH)
Salary: £38,000.00 - £42,216.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days annual leave
As part of the RSPB’s 2030 strategy, we need to inspire many more, and more diverse people to take action for nature. Membership is the RSPB’s flagship product, contributing c.£35m per year across recruitment, retention, upgrade and life fellows activity. However, we need to further stretch this product to reach new audiences and increase our relevance outside of our existing membership base.
The Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (reporting to the Head of Membership) is expected to trial new ways of recruiting and retaining members, ensure our systems and processes to manage this product are as efficient as possible, and continually review our membership proposition and product to inspire a wider audience to connect with the RSPB and offer their financial support.
This role will be expected to build exceptional relationships with Supporter Experience and Digital teams, to co-create new offers, enhance the membership experience and collaboratively achieve the RSPB’s overall membership targets. There will also be specific responsibility to manage the Membership Marketing and Retention team’s budget and achieve financial targets.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the UK's largest nature conservation charity. Nature is in crisis, but together we can save it.
Key activities will include:
- Lead the RSPB’s membership marketing and retention team to achieve agreed financial and development targets
- Ensure the ongoing high performance of our existing membership product
- Regularly review the joining process and ongoing membership journey, recommending and introducing improvements where needed, in partnership with other delivery teams
- Innovate and develop the RSPB’s membership offer to recruit new priority audiences, through co-creation and collaboration with other teams and stakeholders
- Set and monitor annual KPIs and income targets
- Overall responsibility for ensuring fundraising and regulatory compliance across the RSPB’s membership marketing and retention programme
- Ensure strong collaboration with Digital and Engagement teams to deliver a seamless membership recruitment and retention experience across all channels
- Maximise ROI and retention via upgrade and reactivation programmes
- Develop, monitor and manage team and projects budgets so that financial targets (income/expenditure) are met
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Visible, inspiring and effective leadership of teams, engaging and motivating employees
- Knowledge of membership marketing and retention and direct marketing techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising compliance and best practice
- Ability to influence others, build partnerships and negotiate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present, influence and represent the organisation
- Experience of managing external suppliers
- Proven ability to build excellent cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Proven ability to deliver shared objectives across multiple teams
- Budget management
- Project management skills to plan and manage projects, manage risks, costs, time and project teams.
- Proven ability to lead change
This is a Permanent Full-Time role for 37.5 hours per week.
Closing date: 23:59, Sunday 11th December 2022
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship – the successful applicant will need to have pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).