Charity / Voluntary, Environmental / Conservation, IT / Web Development
Junior Interaction Developer
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £28,420.00 - £37,746.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role.
The RSPB has always been here to save nature - from our origins as a campaign to end the use of feather in women's hats right through to our present-day ground-breaking research, saving species from extinction, protecting some of wildlife's finest sites in the UK and beyond and engaging millions of people in the wonders of wildlife. We've been successful because we've always adapted.
Your role in saving nature
The RSPB’s digital estate is vital to our mission to give nature a home – from rallying people together to speak up for nature, to inspiring a love of wildlife, to raising the income that pays for our conservation work in the UK and around the world.
We’re looking for a Junior Interaction Developer dedicated to delivering user interfaces that convey the importance of a positive experience, that are intuitive and deliver high usability. This is an important role within the Technology Design and Delivery team, requiring cross team collaboration and advocacy of the importance of user centric design.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, using initiative with a positive and proactive attitude.
- An aptitude to turn business requirements into innovative solutions and represent the user in our continual improvement objective for all application interfaces.
- An advocate of a user-centric approach and receive structured mentoring as part of a supportive and collaborative team, playing a key factor in change and innovation with our application interface development.
- A foundation in UI development and a passion for the visual aesthetic with a good understanding of usability.
- Experience working closely with UI designers to create beautiful, intuitive interfaces and deliver positive experiences.
- Experience creating user interfaces for prototyping and production working in high frequency delivery cycles.
- To be a part of the largest nature conservation charity in the country, consistently delivering successful conservation, forging powerful new partnerships with other organisations, and inspiring others to stand up and give nature the home it deserves
- 34 days of annual leave includes bank holidays
- Employee volunteer day with charity or organisation of choice
- Up to 4 weeks Sabbatical opportunities after 5 years of service
- Live Assurance
- Toil and Flexible Working
As part of the Technology Design and Delivery team this is an exciting opportunity to help shape our digital landscape. We support a healthy work life balance and full remote working to help save nature through people.
Closing date: 23:59, Thu, 15th Dec 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position asap.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this vacancy, and reserve the right to close once sufficient applications have been received.
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).