Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Management, Marketing, Operations, Other, Social Care, Training
Inclusion and Engagement Manager (with lived experience of learning disabilities and/or autism)
Hours: 18 per week (part-time)
Location: Based at Summerstown SW17. You may be required to work from other sites in London
Could you be this organisation's next Inclusion and Engagement Manager?
This charity is looking for a person with lived experience of learning disability and/or autism to co-manage our exciting inclusion and engagement programme on a part-time basis.
Working alongside a co-manager with lived experience, you will be managing a diverse team creating opportunities for inclusion and engagement – both within and outside of the organisation – and increasing the participation of people with learning disabilities and/or autism in civil society.
You will be helping people to:
- have a voice and speak up,
- change the way people with learning disabilities or autism are treated by society
- find a volunteering job and to help this organisation use more volunteers
- be paid for training other people to learn about learning disabilities and autism
- be paid for making information easier to understand
- help people like doctors and nurses to give better care for people with learning disabilities and autism
The successful candidate will share this organisation's vision of working together with people with a learning disability, autism and other disabilities to build better lives and connect to communities as equal citizens.
Their values are Community – Courage – Working Together – Good communication – Diversity and Inclusion and Creativity.
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holiday)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full training and development
Closing date: Friday 27th May
Interviews: 7th & 8th June
This charity is a Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).