Accountancy / Finance, Charity / Voluntary, Fundraising, Health / Nursing, Management, Marketing, Medical, Operations, PR / Communications, Property / Housing, Sales / Business Development, Senior Management, Social Care
Head of Income Generation
Hours: 37 hours per week (flexible working opportunities available)
Salary: £55,000 per annum
Base: Hybrid - Osney Mead, Oxford & work from home
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a passionate team and play a central role in this growing Oxfordshire and Berkshire West based charity. Our vision is to ensure everyone experiencing a mental health issue gets both support and respect. This role offers the chance to make a difference and improve mental health provision in Oxfordshire and Berkshire West.
Working closely with the Senior Management Team, Service Managers, Trustees, and a range of external partners you will provide strong leadership to the Development Team in order to maximise income generation for Oxfordshire Mind
This is a particularly exciting and important time to be joining Oxfordshire Mind. Income from our Development Team has steadily grown over the past 4 years from £200,000 to nearly £800,000 this year. We have developed new corporate wellbeing programmes, paid-for training, and a strong community fundraising calendar. Key annual events include our Comedy Gala in January and the Oxford half-marathon in October. We plan on increasing our income to £1.4m over the next 4 years and in the longer term to more than £2m. This role will play a key strategic, operational, and leadership role in helping us achieve this. We are also developing services in Berkshire West and there is a real opportunity to generate income in this geography.
Who we are, and what we do
We’re Oxfordshire Mind, the mental health charity, operating across Oxfordshire and Berkshire West.
Our passionate employees and dedicated volunteers are helping people with mental health issues find somewhere to turn for advice, information, and support.
We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health issue gets both support and respect.
Why work for us?
- We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to staff wellbeing.
- We are devoted to equity, diversity, inclusion, and equality, with staff working groups and support groups.
Here is a taste of what we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance, 28 days plus 8 bank holidays, increasing after 5 years
- Flexible working including; hybrid working, part time, compressed hours
- Free support package from Health Assured for you and your family
- Great discounts and cash back card schemes
- Ensuring growth and development of our staff along their career journey
What will you do?
- Maximising all aspects of income generation for Oxfordshire Mind including individual, philanthropy corporate and community giving, events, grants and trusts, and paid for services.
- Develop, implement, and monitor Oxfordshire Mind’s income generation strategy adapting to market conditions and introducing new initiatives to diversify income
- Budget for and meet income generation and ROI targets agreed annually
- Ensure pipeline of activities to secure future income
- Represent Oxfordshire Mind externally to prospective funders, donors and corporates
- Establish Oxfordshire Mind as the charity of choice across Oxfordshire
- Provide strong leadership of the team and line management of posts reporting into this role
- Play an active role as a member of the Senior Management Team – providing a leadership role to the whole organisation and working with colleagues to achieve common goals.
We expect all of our employees to:
- Understand and implement all policies and procedures in Oxfordshire Mind.
- Enhance equity, diversity, inclusion and equality within our work
- Involving people with lived experience of mental health problems in every aspect of our work
- This is not an exhaustive list and employees may be required to perform activities not listed here.
Who you are
Open - Are you open to help people realise their potential?
Together, partnership - Are you a team player?
Responsive - Are you a good listener?
Independent - Do you have the confidence to speak out fearlessly?
Unstoppable – Do you have a positive, never give up attitude?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of fundraising mix
- Previous experience of developing and implementing a fundraising strategy
- Strong relationship building skills at a senior level internally and externally
- Team leadership
- Experience of adapting and implementing systems and processes (e.g. CRM)
- Able to work with, and report on financial data and ROI
- Fundraising, business development, marketing or other relevant qualification and/or membership of an industry body
- Evidence of ability to adapt to market conditions to achieve overall income and ROI goals.
- Multiyear track record of increasing income generation and ROI improvement.
- Experience of working in the charity sector or with trustees
Oxfordshire Mind is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We therefore require a Disclosure and Barring Service check, for all our roles. The level of which will vary depending on the nature of the role.
Timetable for Appointment
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 18th December 2022
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 20th December 2022
Interview date: TBC
Interview location: Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford, OX2 0DP
We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).