Grants and Trusts Officer
Grants and Trusts Officer
Salary: £26,000 – £29,000 per annum pro rata dependent on experience
Hours: Part - time (15 hours per week)
Location: Shelford Bottom, Cambridge CB22 (with an option to work from home)
About the charity:
Our client, a Hospice Charity, has an outstanding reputation for excellence in palliative and end of life care. They support people in Cambridgeshire, who are living with life-limiting illnesses and advance conditions. Their positive and practical services deliver care, counselling and education, helping patients to live well and their families to live on.
About the role:
The is an exciting opportunity for a Grants and Trusts Officer to help secure significant income through building relationships with and applying to Charitable Trusts, Foundations and Non-statutory Funding Bodies to fund general and specific hospice projects. You will be researching and identifying appropriate funders whose criteria match hospice needs for development, preparing cases for support and submitting compelling written bids and complex grant applications as appropriate. You will be the key to helping the hospice grow it’s income in a sustainable way to continue its abilities to supporting families throughout Cambridgeshire.
Main duties include:
- Developing a strategy for how the hospice can maximise income generation from Charitable Trusts, Foundations and Non-statutory Funding Bodies.
- Monitoring the Grants and Trusts sector to ensure all sources of available funds are maximised.
- Analysing and managing the research into who to approach so that the hospice can have the best chance of securing income including analysis of the hospice’s databases. This will require extensive research, analysis and relationship building.
- Developing a calendar so that the hospice can plan for bids and meet all external submission deadlines.
- Preparing bids for submission ensuring they present an effective case for support and provides all relevant information requested by the prospective funder.
- Maintaining an accurate, effective database on the hospice system of all contacts and relationships with supporters.
- Providing evaluation reports for Trust and Grant bodies to update on progress.
What they need from you:
- Ability to fundraise from charitable trusts and foundations and statutory bodies
- Ability to produce in depth, motivating and inspiring proposals and funding reports
- Excellent bid writer, with experience of winning a variety of grants and trusts and building relationships with funders or stakeholders
They know they wouldn’t be able to do any of this without their amazing staff, so they offer a range of benefits including:
- Personal Pension Plan (with ability to retain membership of NHS Pension Scheme subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Study leave
- Lease cars (eligibility criteria applies)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Staff Survey and staff Forum
- Access to Occupational Health Services
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training
- Payroll Giving option
- Group Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- Social events
- Christmas savings scheme and staff discounts to their in-house Bistro and Salon HD.
Closing date: Sunday 4th July 2021
Our client is committed to inclusivity, respect, fairness, engagement and equality of opportunity for their patients and their families, their staff and trustees, their volunteers and their supporters.
They value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to the community. Therefore, candidates with a disability that meet the minimum criteria will be guaranteed an interview.
They are also working to increase diversity throughout the organisation and they particularly welcome applications from BAME people who are currently under-represented.
They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may beed to scroll down).
No agencies please.