Administration, Charity / Voluntary
Flexible in UK / Remote
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £23,489.00 - £25,216.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, 26 days' Annual Leave
Duration: 2 years
We are looking for a skilled administrator to support RSPB's Governance arrangements, including supporting committees of volunteers, as a member of our Governance team,
RSPB's vision is for a shared world where wildlife, plants and all people thrive. The health of the natural world is fundamental to the survival of all species and has the right to flourish. We work locally in the UK and around the world, conducting scientific research into the natural world, acting to support the survival and protection of species, managing precious habitats, making connections between people of all ages and backgrounds with the natural world, and advocating for changes to law, regulation and practice to create a world where wildlife can thrive. This role will work closely with our volunteers and trustees to support their work to drive and shape our conservation, communications, engagement and commercial work.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive business administration support to senior committee meetings
- Co-ordinate and deliver effective minute-taking, record-keeping, action-tracking and reporting for committee business
- Support the recruitment of our committee members
- Establish, maintain and develop effective relationships with people at all levels on behalf of Board and Trustees, both internally and externally, ensuring that confidential and sensitive matters are handled appropriately and professionally
- Coordinate the provision of services for senior committees, including meetings facilities, logistics and accommodation
- Together with the Governance Team, manage governance process around committee membership over the lifecycle of their appointment, including recruitment, induction and development, to ensure committee members are supported and able to carry out their role effectively
- Provide support for other members of the RSPB governance team
- Provide support, when needed, for the broader Corporate Governance & Risk Department
What we need from you:
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least 5 GCSE’s including English Language and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications/ experience)
- Demonstrable experience in administrative support, ideally in the charitable sector
- Proven experience of committee servicing in an organisation that operates a formal committee structure, including organising board meetings, agendas, reports and minute-taking
- Skill in formal minute-taking and management of action lists
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, working to multiple deadlines and managing priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information with exceptional diplomacy and tact, and a high level of professionalism
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in supporting recruitment processes
- Demonstrable understanding of charity governance and good governance practice
- Demonstrable experience of information management processes, terminology and knowledge of good information management practice
- Experience in using board pack software and information management solutions such as SharePoint
- Effective stakeholder management and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for RSPB’s charitable mission
While we aim to be as flexible as possible, including part-time and remote working, we anticipate that the post-holder will need to be present for in-person meetings in Sandy, Bedfordshire from time to time and adopt a working pattern that accommodates our overall pattern of meetings.
This is a 2 year Fixed Term, Full-Time role for 37.5 hours per week. The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Closing date: 23:59, Sunday 3rd December 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position week commencing 11 December 2023.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).