Accountancy / Finance, Administration, Customer Service, Education, Other
Department/Location: Department of Physics, Cambridge
Salary: £24,285 - £27,929
Terms: Permanent / Full Time
The Kapitza Hub is looking for a Finance Assistant to join their friendly team during an exciting period of substantial change, as the Department prepares itself for occupancy of its new, state of the art, research facility, the Ray Dolby Centre, in 2024.
The University is based on the West Cambridge site and the Hub is one of three administrative hubs that look after the administration needs of all the research groups in the Department of Physics.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage procurement and invoicing processes for the Hub
- Carry out financial management and reporting activities on both general ledger accounts and research grants
- Provide financial advice to budget holders
- Liaise with the Departmental Finance team and assist with month-end, half year-end and year-end processes
- Ensure recharges and expenses are processed in a timely manner
- Contribute to the review of financial processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the University's Financial Regulations
- Assist with HR duties and cover for other staff in the Hub when required.
The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent qualification) in Maths and English; and have experience in an accounts-based role, with use of accountancy software packages and relevant reporting tools. You will have advanced Excel skills in data manipulation and the presentation of financial information, good numerical problem-solving skills, attention to detail, as well as accuracy and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
In return they offer a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (36 days inclusive of bank holidays), a wide range of competitive benefits known as CAMbens, family friendly policies to help maintain the work-life balance as well as development opportunities.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a health assessment.
Closing Date: Sunday 9th April 2023
Interviews will be held on Friday 14th April 2023
Please quote reference KA35833 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).