DayLight Crisis Support Worker
Job Title: DayLight Crisis Support Worker
Salary Grade: £21,720 FTE per annum
Responsible to: Services Manager (Crisis)
No. of Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Main Base/s: East Hertfordshire (Waltham Cross/ Ware) – Expectation to work across Hertfordshire to exercise the duties of the role. Working from office bases and full community-based provision.
About the charity
Our client delivers essential mental health support in Hertfordshire, providing a diverse range of services from their seven Wellbeing Centres and other venues across all ten districts of the county. Funded locally, their services are available to all residents in Hertfordshire over the age of 18 and they offer dedicated services for 11-18 year olds.
They create opportunities for individuals experiencing mental ill health to make choices, find their solutions, build resilience and manage their whole life and wellbeing. Their services are based on the principle of self-help with a strong emphasis on prevention, personal development, self-management and improving health and wellbeing.
Background to the post
The objectives of the charity’s DayLight Mental Health Crisis Service are:
· To improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental health crisis in Hertfordshire.
· To increase early access to help for people experiencing mental health crisis in Hertfordshire, by providing a clear and effective pathway to services provided by the charity and other third sector and statutory providers.
· To contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
· To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
· To reduce the use of police, ambulance and statutory mental health services whilst experiencing crisis.
· To reduce the use of statutory crisis services by people experiencing mental ill health with positive outcomes for the individual.
Purpose of Post
The purpose of this post is to be a key member of staff delivering the DayLight Mental Health Crisis Service, complementing our out of hours NightLight provision.
· To play an integral role in instilling the charity’s values through the DayLight Mental Health Crisis Service.
· To provide short-term crisis resolution support to clients who are in crisis and experiencing emotional distress.
· To provide a prompt, effective response to anyone experiencing a mental health crisis and/or emotional distress during normal daytime opening hours when NightLight isn’t operational.
· To play a key part in the development and delivery of quality crisis support services.
· To work with the NightLight Services Manager and Head of Service (Complex Needs, CYP & Crisis) to generate new approaches to crisis support services in line with identified need.
· Ensure the delivery of quality services at all times.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 18th of June by 10am.Interviews shall take place from Monday 24th of June 2021 using Microsoft Teams.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may beed to scroll down).
No agencies please.