Administration, Emergency Services, Legal / Compliance, Other, Public Sector
Are you a problem solver, team player, and have a great eye for detail? Join Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service as our newest Data & Information Support Assistant.
Data & Information Support Assistant
Location: Headquarters, Aylesbury, HP20 1BD
Salary: £25,363 – £25,934 a year
Hours: Full time (37-hour week)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite gym facilities
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Around 400 firefighters operate from 19 fire stations from the outskirts of London to the South Midlands. We employ around 100 specialist support staff, from ICT to fire prevention.
Our Service is only as good as its people. When our employees are engaged and supported, our Service thrives. This why we support flexible and hybrid working.
We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
About the role
The Data & Information Support Assistant will support crews with their post incident reports, ensuring high quality data for analysis. The role will also help maintain our local gazetteer, enabling our control to identify the correct location of an incident during an emergency call.
You will be responsible for
- Quality assurance of incident reports across the service
- To act as the main point of contact for incident reports
- Supporting the Data & Intelligence Team with report requests
- Ensure the Service’s National Land & Property Gazetteer is up to date
- Reconciling the Service’s data with the Home Office.
We are looking for someone who is
- An analytical thinker
- Highly organised
- A problem-solver
- Able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Comfortable in challenging processes
Experience and skills required
- Demonstratable competence in data and information management
- A good level of understanding of Microsoft office products, specifically Excel
- Able to prioritise and manage diverse workload relationships with senior staff, colleagues, and external agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR
- Great team working skills
Closing Date: 16 December 2022 at Midnight
If there are any adaptions or adjustments, we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, more information can be found on our recruitment portal.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).